- 12-16-2012, 04:35 PM #2
- 12-18-2012, 11:53 PM #3
- 14 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: facebook contact sync
I don't think so. Although you'll still see a "Facebook contacts sync" checkbox in the settings of your phone, it won't actually work. Facebook isn't following Googles rules when it comes to data portability and syncing, so they don't get to sync properly until they change how they're operating.
It seems to be the same case now even in v2.0. Non-stock Android phones with OEM customizations like Touchwiz and Sense often have Facebook contact syncing built in to their OS, but that's independent of Facebook's own app that's downloaded from Play.
- By Idiotfool in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2011, 10:18 AM
- By gizzyman in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 5Last Post: 07-17-2010, 09:52 AM
- By wolverine09 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 10Last Post: 06-21-2010, 05:52 PM
- By DERacing in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 5Last Post: 02-17-2010, 02:28 AM
- By DERacing in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2009, 10:04 PM