Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Jelly Bean Photo Gallery creating an album for each day of pictures taken - boooo!

Hi all,

Anybody know how to make it so that all the picture I take with my camera can just end up under one Gallery folder like it used to before Jelly Bean?
    I do want to keep mine synced with Picasa but I don't want it creating different albums albums for each different day.

Thanks!!

Default Re: Jelly Bean Photo Gallery creating an album for each day of pictures taken - boooo!

Not sure what you mean. I am using 4.2.1 on the Nexus and all photos taken with the stock camera app are in a single album. In fact, they are in a single folder as well. DCIM/Camera
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Default Re: Jelly Bean Photo Gallery creating an album for each day of pictures taken - boooo!

Does it easy Time at the top left of the screen? Tap that and select Album.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to me. Below (I think) I attached a screen shot of all the different 'Albums' in my Gallery. There is an album for each day of pictures that I take created by my phone or Picasa instead of just one for all the pictures I take with my phone. I think before Jelly Bean the album was called 'Camera.'

Hope this helps to clarify,
    ~ alice

Those look like Picasa albums. I don't use Picasa, but suggest you check the settings in that app.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Dropbox is the way to go, dude. It doesn't do any of that. In fact it leaves your galleries alone altogether. It just stores it on the app/on line. Much better than picasa.