Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By patruns
  • 1 Post By still1
  • 1 Post By Insp_Gadget
  • 1 Post By HNNNNNGHHH
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Angry Flash Player on Jellybean 4.1.1 *no wimps*

lay it down . im new to this problem. cany anyone give it to me straight? why the hell doesnt this work???

Default Re: Flash Player on Jellybean 4.1.1 *no wimps*

Why doesn't what work?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Flash is no longer supported.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

If you already had it before upgrading to Jellybean it is still there and works fine. You can't simply download it from the store after that as it is no longer supported.

BTW, I friggin' hate clowns!
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    cosmos0001 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    stock

Ok I returned the tablet. If these devicedon't have flash I'm not buyin it. I feel as though we don't get answers because it is a hot subject awe need a sticky thread on it. Why do we have to feel like weot trolling but android I feel has some explaining to do. I buy pc and android because of flash. What a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmos0001 View Post
    Ok I returned the tablet. If these devicedon't have flash I'm not buyin it. I feel as though we don't get answers because it is a hot subject awe need a sticky thread on it. Why do we have to feel like weot trolling but android I feel has some explaining to do. I buy pc and android because of flash. What a disappointment.
    then what tablet are you going to buy? ipad,w8 RT? none of these support flash.

you can always side load flash with firefor or default browser and flash will work.
    Thanked by:
    cherrywithns likes this.

You need to complain to Adobe. This has nothing to do with Android. Adobe dropped support.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Thanked by:
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

It looks like you're not going to be buying anything then. Adobe abandoned development of Flash for any mobile platforms, in favor of HTML5. I'm not sure where you've been for the past year, but this isn't news.

This isn't Google's or any OEM's fault. This was an Adobe decision.

You do have the option of side-loading the Flash app and using it with a 3rd-party browser like Dolphin, but there will be no support for it. If something breaks due to an Android update, don't expect Adobe to fix it.

You'll find the same situation on any other mobile OS. Blame Adobe. They're no longer developing Flash for mobile devices.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
    Thanked by:
    pontiac005 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    It looks like you're not going to be buying anything then. Adobe abandoned development of Flash for any mobile platforms, in favor of HTML5. I'm not sure where you've been for the past year, but this isn't news.

This isn't Google's or any OEM's fault. This was an Ad
    You do have the option of side-loading the Flash app and using it with a 3rd-party browser like Dolphin, but there will be no support for it. If something breaks due to an Android update, don't expect Adobe to fix it.

You'll find the same situation on any other mobile OS. Blame Adobe. They're no longer developing Flashformobile devices.
    how do you watch hulu? Just say oh well? How do ypu visit your favorite websites without flag, just say oh well and go to another website? Android screwed us , not the other way. They lured us in then switched the deal. I might buy apple just to say up yours android.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

how do you watch hulu? Just say oh well? How do ypu visit your favorite websites without flag, just say oh well and go to another website? Android screwed us , not the other way. They lured us in then switched the deal. I might buy apple just to say up yours android.
    Download lucky patcher, it has a patch for flash player that makes it so you can visit sites that will only work on a pc, like hulu, Netflix and etc...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    Thanked by:

BB Playbook has nice working flash in browser ;-)
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

Like I said, blame Adobe (the makers of Flash). They decided to stop developing Flash for mobile devices. You can't blame Google for another company's decision to go in a different direction. You can't blame Google for not officially supporting something that has been abandoned, from a development standpoint, by its creator.

Quite frankly, I'm glad that Flash is dying out. It is a major resource hog and not suitable for mobile platforms that need less power-hungry, resource-intensive apps. Eventually, websites will catch on to using HTML-5. Many already do.

I'm not a Hulu user. If you want someone to be mad at, complain to Hulu that they haven't kept up with the technology available, since they're still using Flash instead of HTML-5 on their website. The real issue is that Hulu, and other media-serving sites like it, don't want you accessing their content from your mobile device because of the licensing agreements that they have with the studios that provide the content. So they won't make the site mobile-friendly until those agreements allow them to.

The fact that Android, as a platform, offers you a way to get around those license agreements, should garner your praise, not your disdain. Focus your anger on the money-grubbing studios and the short-sighted websites that haven't gotten with the times.

...and good luck switching to the iPhone. If you think it will be any easier to digest Flash content on THAT platform, you're delusional.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
    Thanked by:

Download puffin for 2.99 it's what I use.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    stock

6 months later... I am surviving without a tablet... is everyone surviving without flash? did they ever make an agreement? is html5 reining supreme or was that a "flash" in the pan? thanks...

A lot of us side loaded flash and it works. Don't ask me how or where as its been so long since I did it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    698 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Archived Flash Player versions

Less complaining about no flash on your android, more clicking the link provided to sideload flash.

Seriously, there's really NOTHING to complain about, as flash works great on Jelly Bean 4.1 and 4.2. Just don't expect fast loading speeds with large flash files.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX
    Thanked by:
    pontiac005 likes this.

So I came across this thread while doing a google search of how to load Flash on to my new Galaxy Tab2 10.1 ... and I don't know if I'm missing something, but even after going to Adobe's archive and downloading an archived version, I am still unable to use flash. Is there some secret step I'm missing, or is it possible I just can't use Flash with my tab?

Inspector gadget, I've had the Iphone for a long time and Apple doesn't support flash either! Good luck with the change!
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Green View Post
    Inspector gadget, I've had the Iphone for a long time and Apple doesn't support flash either! Good luck with the change!
    Why are you addressing this comment to me? I'm not the one crying for Flash. I don't miss it in the least. I was merely explaining to others that it wasn't Google that discontinued development of mobile Flash. The fault lies with Adobe. People want to blame Google. I'm just setting the record straight.
    --Inspector Gadget

Jelly bean is dropping the support because i can still download flash to other devises!
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.3 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Green View Post
    Jelly bean is dropping the support because i can still download flash to other devises!
    I never said anyone couldn't or shouldn't. What's your point?
    --Inspector Gadget

There's browsers like SkyFire and Photon that do server side flash. I use Photon on my iPad and it works for sites other than Hulu. There's a Hulu Plus app but you pay like Netflix, directly to Hulu. I've watched movies on my phone that way. I've got flash working on my kindle fire by side loading dolphin and flash. Works fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    726 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Toom View Post
    So I came across this thread while doing a google search of how to load Flash on to my new Galaxy Tab2 10.1 ... and I don't know if I'm missing something, but even after going to Adobe's archive and downloading an archived version, I am still unable to use flash. Is there some secret step I'm missing, or is it possible I just can't use Flash with my tab?
    Just to be sure - once Flash is installed, you need to to use a browser that still supports it. I use Firefox for Android. This works just fine.

In truth, I wouldn't have even bothered with Flash on my Nexus 7 except that I access TV network sites that do not have an (Android) app yet and I may choose to watch episodes they stream. Very few of these here have done the switch to HTML 5.