process com.google.process.gapps has stopped

MrJohnson13

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a droid 4. Updated to jelly bean 4.1.2. I can see emojis but cannot send them. Why is this? I did the add on dictionaries method but nothing happened.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
but I dont know what "root it via odin" means - probably something along the lines of somehow getting root access so I can install the latest Google Apps...dunno what CM10 is though?

When he meant by root it via odin, he meant using odin via PC (and the handset) to flash CWM (ClockWorkMod, which is a custom recovery tool) to your phone and flash the required file containing busybox, superuser, and other items to attain root access on your device. From there, you can use CWM to make a backup of your current ROM and wipe data/factory reset through the same custom recovery, which should help your problem since firmware updates tend to leave parts from other software behind.

Also, CM10 is basically the abbreviated version of CyanogenMod10, one of the most popular aftermarket AOSP-based custom ROMs.

JESSLEEELIZ

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
This absolutely worked for me. So quickly in fact - that I couldn;t help myself, i had to write a note of thanks I couldn;t figure out for the life of me why it wouldn't work...it would just jump back to the home screen. Thank again for the helpful ...and very usable...tip! My phone is back to normal.