Change action of Bluetooth button?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Currently running 4.2 on a stock unrooted Nexus 4.

When I connect my Jawbone Bluetooth headset, pressing the button opens voice dial, but I'd like to use it to open different applications. Any suggestions for an app out a hack that could do that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Change action of Bluetooth button?

I suspect that button replaces phone up button (you know green phone button that receve call :), android still supports it thru it not used much anymore. So i think you need to search app for that. Most likely button trigers some intent so other way to solve this is to get app that support that intent... But i suspect it might mess up dial up funtions if intent is not diffrent from stanard intent. If you got some codeing skill you can make simple app that will react to that intent and call other intent that you wish.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
And yet Vlingo and other voice dialer apps manage to use the Bluetooth button to trigger themselves. There must be a way to do it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

azziz07

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
can this be used so that when a Bluetooth speaker is connected, hitting the speaker (Gear4 model PG748) button will play nexr music rather answering phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12