Music to SD Card (Mac)

JBailsNvrFails

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a 64 GB SD card that I'm using with my Note II. When I transferred my music from my computer (about 28 gigs) to the SD card the size of the files nearly doubled. Any idea why this is happening? I've been using google music to stream my music in the meanwhile, but its eating up a lot of data during the workday.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Could you be transferring them at a higher bitrate, causing them to increase in size? That or possibility the difference between compressed or uncompressed files.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Music to SD Card (Mac)

If you use mtp, system may reencode the music which will change size, normaly it should not change files at all or else you decompress from zip or compressed fs(?).

JBailsNvrFails

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Odp: Music to SD Card (Mac)

If you use mtp, system may reencode the music which will change size, normaly it should not change files at all or else you decompress from zip or compressed fs(?).

I just inserted the SD card into the reader on my mac book pro and click and dragged the music onto the card. If i compress the files, will my Note II still be able to read the music?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Music to SD Card (Mac)

I think by compression we talking about sound comoression, if you use mp3 its compressed but comoression effectivity depends on sound parameters and bitrate, so if those change the size will change. If we talking about file compression player would need to suport zipped songs

But if you not use mtp then files should not change size, or else mac or device doing something to them

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy