Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default This weekend it is against the law to root our smart phones! WTF

@chrislhayes: More on why unlocking your phone is now against the law from @dkhanna11 http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...tphone/272552/
    Shared via TweetCaster

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 ICS

Default Re: This weekend it is against the law to root our smart phones! WTF

you can still root it legally

Definitely thought it was only unlocking.

Yep, you can still root your phone but you can't (legally) unlock it from your carrier.

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dont spread FUD. unlocking bootloader and rooting is still legal. unlocking sim is what is illegal.

with nexus who care.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

So what happens if someone get their phone unlocked ?

Quote Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
    So what happens if someone get their phone unlocked ?
    That depends how US gonna execute that law i think it's more of a tool for carriers to hunt down those who switching without finalizing the contract

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    That depends how US gonna execute that law i think it's more of a tool for carriers to hunt down those who switching without finalizing the contract
    If it's as effective as their attempts to stop piracy, people don't have much to worry about.

I doubt it would stop alot of people anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    If it's as effective as their attempts to stop piracy, people don't have much to worry about.

I doubt it would stop alot of people anyway.
    Well considering it's a "crime" againts carrier, so they the one who need to raport that "crime"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Well considering it's a "crime" againts carrier, so they the one who need to raport that "crime"
    We'll have to wait and see what happens.