Android 4.3 - What do YOU want?

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 - What do YOU want?

For God's sake, add the ability to save or move apps to the micro SD card! What the heck is the point of providing an SD card slot in tablets like the Samsung Note 10.1 when apps can't be moved? Needless to say I got suckered by the slot and bought a 16gb model; love the tablet but it quickly fills up. App developers should include permission to move apps to device ext SD cards. Please. Otherwise my beautiful tablet is just like an Ipad...bummer.
Thanks!

Root? Link2SD

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

A better Play Store experience. Better categories and search.
I'd be happy if Play Store reviews were automatically newest first or at least you could save a preference. The current system is just stupid.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

z06psi

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

SD card storage for Apps.

Facetime like app!!! (the wife and I use ooVoo but it has its issues.)

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned this...........Better Battery performance! You all know that you're just going to complain about the poor performance of your battery so why not make it better? Apps don't need to run all the time or take up resources which eat battery.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I read about the apps supposedly running all the time and what did make sense in the explanation was that if the OS went and refetched all the data needed to reload your apps into memory every time you requested to use it your battery life would be drained a lot quicker. Killing processes makes sense with paltry RAM, though. It made a difference, for example, on my HTC Sensation 4G with 768MB RAM but not with the Nexus 4, which seems to never have its 2GB ceiling reached.

I'd love a bigger battery either way!

BadHead1970

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Add a way to change the location of default media, document and download folders from within the OS itself - in the settings menu, for example.

I know that this can be done via rooting and a third party apps, and I have done this. But that such a simple and basic option can only be accomplished in such a round about and over complicated manner is just daft and not very user friendly. It's almost Apple-esque...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I want a flash player replacement. An android phone with no flash support is just another phone.

Last edited:

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I just really want it to be stable, like ios and windows phone. Even better, hopefully

I hope by stable like iOS and Windows Phone, you mean have the ability for the system to impose on how much RAM an app can use at any time. Having a closed OS clearly moves away from Android's "open-source" message and is the LAST thing you want for this platform.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Better use of my external SD card.

I know you guys want this and Apps2SD, but Google is past SD cards. They're trying to get rid of them not improve them.

I don't think it's ever going to happen. Especially, if the HTC One does great, I think Samsung might consider taking it out of their next devices.

D3luSi0n4L

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

• Advancement in modular manufacture skins.
    --Stock Android base with easy methods of reverting from manufacture skins. Current standard experience for non-technical consumers, yet also serving the android enthusiast.
  • Generalized control panel for Android (iTunes -> iPhone, X -> Android.)
    --Managing the SD card through Explorer isn't good design, nor are the manufacturer programs. doubleTwist is the only one I've seen come close but lacks depth. Google release your own desktop manager.
  • Better support for new / growing developers
    --Applications need more support and better coverage. I'd consider bit Dungeon an excellent game, and on iOS it would have sold tons yet it still hasn't come close to that point on Android - Google needs to work on rewarding quality developers to encourage future developments. Amazing applications are being written for Android, these developers deserve better. And as an aspiring developer, it puts a damper on my motivation to see excellent applications see minimal success compared to iOS marketplace.
  • Podcast section inside Google Play
    --I love podcasts =)
  • Better YouTube App (Experience is very subpar)
  • And of course this goes without saying - Increased performance and battery life,

Walkop

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Hey all - major update coming to this thread in the next few hours!

Toronto vs. Boston comes first.

Best wishes!
~Walkop

Walkop

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Okay, the second major revision to the thread is now complete! As far as I know, everything is up to date and everyone's posts have been accounted for. The list is certainly growing...

I took into account the "likes" to each person's post when updating this list, and made sure that I didn't count duplicates twice. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, please let me know! Also, from this point on, instead of "like"ing someone's post to show your agreement, if a quick quote and a +1 could be done instead that would make my job 10x easier.

Thanks again! Keep it up, guys!
~Walkop

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Not too surprised this has flown off the radar but what about MMS? Google has got to make group text messaging much easier and more fluid on their Android devices and Android altogether. Group messaging on the network is essential - and not everyone is fortunate to have a circle of friends, family, etc. who are all on Whatsapp, etc.

Facebook really surprised me with Chat heads - I think it's something Google needs to bring into the fold with Babel on Android.

I also would appreciate a more unified contacts/messaging/phone apparatus where communication with someone is grouped by contact - not the dozen things you do with that contact. This is in essence going towards a more Windows phone experience, although I don't think it's worth borrowing windows' approach - Google has to do it in their own manner.

I also think the home screen is going to need a more simplified overhaul. More restrictions on what is considered a widget (a 1x1 widget seems so pointless) and more freedoms as to what can be done with widgets on the home screen. Minimalist, yes, but displaying more important things in larger text on the home screen - for example, battery life - would absolutely be a plus for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint