Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Default Re: Android 5.0 - What do YOU want?

Quote Originally Posted by Verttex View Post
    Root?

Skype?
    @vertexx im sure he means native stock almost all that cant done rooted

Sent from my LG-P769
    TomsAndroid likes this.

I want a flash player replacement. An android phone with no flash support is just another phone.
    Last edited by garcia_jx; 04-28-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
    Thanked by:
    JaneSpau, Gilda Gomez and neonworm like this.

WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by midnight93933 View Post
    I just really want it to be stable, like ios and windows phone. Even better, hopefully
    I hope by stable like iOS and Windows Phone, you mean have the ability for the system to impose on how much RAM an app can use at any time. Having a closed OS clearly moves away from Android's "open-source" message and is the LAST thing you want for this platform.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Something to play Flash files!
    Thanked by:
    Gilda Gomez likes this.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Better use of my external SD card.
    Thanked by:
    Gilda Gomez likes this.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneSpau View Post
    Better use of my external SD card.
    I know you guys want this and Apps2SD, but Google is past SD cards. They're trying to get rid of them not improve them.

I don't think it's ever going to happen. Especially, if the HTC One does great, I think Samsung might consider taking it out of their next devices.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

• Advancement in modular manufacture skins.
      --Stock Android base with easy methods of reverting from manufacture skins. Current standard experience for non-technical consumers, yet also serving the android enthusiast.
    • Generalized control panel for Android (iTunes -> iPhone, X -> Android.)
      --Managing the SD card through Explorer isn't good design, nor are the manufacturer programs. doubleTwist is the only one I've seen come close but lacks depth. Google release your own desktop manager.
    • Better support for new / growing developers
      --Applications need more support and better coverage. I'd consider bit Dungeon an excellent game, and on iOS it would have sold tons yet it still hasn't come close to that point on Android - Google needs to work on rewarding quality developers to encourage future developments. Amazing applications are being written for Android, these developers deserve better. And as an aspiring developer, it puts a damper on my motivation to see excellent applications see minimal success compared to iOS marketplace.
    • Podcast section inside Google Play
      --I love podcasts =)
    • Better YouTube App (Experience is very subpar)
    • And of course this goes without saying - Increased performance and battery life,
    Thanked by:
    Walkop, TomsAndroid and neonworm like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Hey all - major update coming to this thread in the next few hours!

Toronto vs. Boston comes first.

Best wishes!
    ~Walkop
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Okay, the second major revision to the thread is now complete! As far as I know, everything is up to date and everyone's posts have been accounted for. The list is certainly growing...

I took into account the "likes" to each person's post when updating this list, and made sure that I didn't count duplicates twice. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, please let me know! Also, from this point on, instead of "like"ing someone's post to show your agreement, if a quick quote and a +1 could be done instead that would make my job 10x easier.

Thanks again! Keep it up, guys!
    ~Walkop
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Android 4.3 - What do YOU want?

Not too surprised this has flown off the radar but what about MMS? Google has got to make group text messaging much easier and more fluid on their Android devices and Android altogether. Group messaging on the network is essential - and not everyone is fortunate to have a circle of friends, family, etc. who are all on Whatsapp, etc.

Facebook really surprised me with Chat heads - I think it's something Google needs to bring into the fold with Babel on Android.

I also would appreciate a more unified contacts/messaging/phone apparatus where communication with someone is grouped by contact - not the dozen things you do with that contact. This is in essence going towards a more Windows phone experience, although I don't think it's worth borrowing windows' approach - Google has to do it in their own manner.

I also think the home screen is going to need a more simplified overhaul. More restrictions on what is considered a widget (a 1x1 widget seems so pointless) and more freedoms as to what can be done with widgets on the home screen. Minimalist, yes, but displaying more important things in larger text on the home screen - for example, battery life - would absolutely be a plus for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint
    Thanked by:
    Gilda Gomez likes this.

Unified messaging system
    An option to have a lighter UI
    Redesigned Youtube app
    Redesigned Gmail app (some of the concepts of this look awesome)
    New UI for the play music app
    Thanked by 2:
    TomsAndroid and neonworm like this.

Id like all of the orange, yellows and greens to be removed from android. Replace them with holo blue and blacks, greys. I dont think we really need a total UI overhaul, just refine it. Also work on smoothness and eliminate lag.

I like the new Gmail feature that will let you click dates in an email to open your calendar and add an event. But what if the email is an actionable item that does not contain a date?

ALL emails should have an "Add as Task" or "Add to Calendar" button that you can click and bring up your calendar and schedule the action that is being requested (or that you believe needs to be taken) based on the contents of the email. It should also post the email contents into a note in the calendar event and let you add your own notes to the event.

To take this to its logical conclusion, apps like Auto Call Recorder for Android and Google Voice should also have the same button to add recorded/transcribed conversations to your calendar as actionable items. A copy of (or link to) the recording or transcription should also be available from the calendar item.

Texts and chat sessions should connect to your calendar in the same manner.

Face it, your world doesn't revolve around emails or phone calls or texts...it revolves around your time. How you manage that time will largely determine your success or failure in life.

In the new Android version I would like to see Samsung Multiwindow support all apps, because I love this feature, and only few apps supports it yet.
    Gilda Gomez likes this.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM

What I want in Android 4.3? The stability of Jelly Bean 4.1, the extra features of Jelly Bean 4.2, the ability to skin the OS anyway YOU like (change icons, statusbar appearance, etc.), root access out of the box (hidden from the average consumer deep within developer settings, of course), customize CPU voltage and profile activity, option to limit RAM usage on an application and the ability to choose which UI of android to use at any time. (Whether phone, phone+navbar, phablet or tablet) I also want OEM Android skins GONE. Manufacturers such as Samsung can just implement the features they want on their handsets through stock vanilla android, therefore eliminating the need to add such outlandish skins as well as the problem with updating Android due to OEM versions of Android.

I know most of these options are attainable via custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod, ParanoidAndroid, etc. but it would be great to have such options right out of the box already to add emphasis on Android's "customizability".

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    TomsAndroid likes this.

After Google I/O's lack of 4.3, I now just want it regardless!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    return_0 likes this.

All I want is the fix to the lock screen issues. The rest is prefect as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by markgiardini View Post
    All I want is the fix to the lock screen issues. The rest is prefect as it is!
    What lock screen issues?

I've got issues on 4.2 where I enter my pin to unlock and it keeps relocking straight away. Sometimes rotating to landscape fixes, but its a major pita

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    After Google I/O's lack of 4.3, I now just want it regardless!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Just wanting it will not speed up the process. We, the users of their beloved platform need to inform them of what we want in the next android iteration. Just blatantly stating "I want it" will not help and may force Google to roll out a flawed version of what 4.3 is supposed to be sooner. (This happened in WP7.8, where live tile update issues drained battery and forced many users to go past their data limit. Microsoft eventually fixed it, however.)

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by markgiardini View Post
    I've got issues on 4.2 where I enter my pin to unlock and it keeps relocking straight away. Sometimes rotating to landscape fixes, but its a major pita
    PIN relocking issue within the lockscreen? Hmm, I've never encountered this problem on any 4.2 device before. What device are you using and what is the state of the firmware it's running? (is it rooted?, is it using a custom ROM?, what firmware mods is it using?, etc.)

Nexus 7 , not rooted' stock.
    Android 4.2.2

I just want to be able to use Google Now without having to recharge more than once in the middle of the day.

All of the stuff they showed at I/O was amazing, but with a Galaxy Nexus, I doubt I could run all that on less than 3 charges over the course of the day. What's the point of new features if I have to shut them all off.

Should we like all the ideas we agree with?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    gnr_2 likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast