Android 4.3 - What do YOU want?

JaneSpau

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 - What do YOU want?

I want the ability to back up all data created by my apps so that when i have to reset my device or buy a new one I do not have to jump through a ton of hoops to get back where I was. This is most annoying. We should have access to back up any data files we have on our phones and tablets.

Tee-Squared

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
How about bringing back the ability to set a different volume for ringtones, notifications, and other media.
Fix the ringtone/contact setting so each contact has a specific ringtone if you choose. I know the option/setting is there but it doesn't work properly.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Fix the ringtone/contact setting so each contact has a specific ringtone if you choose. I know the option/setting is there but it doesn't work properly.
You have to have auto-sync on.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

8ankitj

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Ability to copy entire setup from one device to another (apps, widgets, data, homescreen layout). Don't know if it is already possible using some hack. Actually cloud can be more deeply integrated in Android overall.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

wakingbadger

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Better Bluetooth support (Full AVRCP 1.3/1.4, etc.)
High-resolution images for Contacts (fix in conjunction with the web)
Native ability to bounce images, data, video, text, etc. between my Android devices (I'd like them to be aware of each other)

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Consistent UI (YouTube, currents, etc)
Allow me to change the number of screens without 3rd party launchers.
Long press for numbers on the stock swipe keyboard

srmojuze

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Mobile system gonna blow away desktop system. Also you won't see installable x86 Android until it will run on mainline Linux (there a project going to bring Android modification to mainline on same or diffrent form), as i hear Google modified way that hardware drivers works in kernel and most likely they need modifications in order to work properly (thru in not 100% sure).

Cheers. Android_x86 is coming along smoothly. Both native on PC hardware but also through virtualisation. So it is all coming in the next 3-5 years, indeed, will blow away desktop systems. The key is the moment Google steps in to make Android_x86 fully on par with ARM... That's it for Windows.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Contacts handling as good as a BlackBerry... If you've had both you know what I mean.

Plus Blackberry's messaging amazingness. I'm seriously considering switching back to BB if the Z10 is any good just for the messaging capabilities.

Walkop

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for not updating this list in the last while. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow. Busy with life, school and the like. Thanks for all the replies! Some great ideas coming around.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to be able to play YouTube videos in the background.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I'd like to be able to play YouTube videos in the background.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

I would love to have that feature but i don think its going to happen(google trying to make music industry happy).
also, its youtube feature rather than Android feature.

Walkop

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I would love to have that feature but i don think its going to happen(google trying to make music industry happy).
also, its youtube feature rather than Android feature.
I would love this too, but until then - I use a PVSTAR+. It works amazingly, never skips a beat. The UI isn't fantastic, but it works and its not UGLY. It performs its job exactly as stated, and also has a Music Mode+repeat functions.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I'd really like the ability to set my phone status when create an event in the calendar. For example, if I schedule an important meeting I'd like to also tell my phone to go to silent during the meeting right when i put it in my calendar. Just like smart actions, just better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Gilda Gomez

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

For God's sake, add the ability to save or move apps to the micro SD card! What the heck is the point of providing an SD card slot in tablets like the Samsung Note 10.1 when apps can't be moved? Needless to say I got suckered by the slot and bought a 16gb model; love the tablet but it quickly fills up. App developers should include permission to move apps to device ext SD cards. Please. Otherwise my beautiful tablet is just like an Ipad...bummer.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci