Android 4.3 - What do YOU want?

MarkDallton

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 - What do YOU want?

Unified messaging system
An option to have a lighter UI
Redesigned Youtube app
Redesigned Gmail app (some of the concepts of this look awesome)
New UI for the play music app

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Id like all of the orange, yellows and greens to be removed from android. Replace them with holo blue and blacks, greys. I dont think we really need a total UI overhaul, just refine it. Also work on smoothness and eliminate lag.

Mr Jim Hubbard

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the new Gmail feature that will let you click dates in an email to open your calendar and add an event. But what if the email is an actionable item that does not contain a date?

ALL emails should have an "Add as Task" or "Add to Calendar" button that you can click and bring up your calendar and schedule the action that is being requested (or that you believe needs to be taken) based on the contents of the email. It should also post the email contents into a note in the calendar event and let you add your own notes to the event.

To take this to its logical conclusion, apps like Auto Call Recorder for Android and Google Voice should also have the same button to add recorded/transcribed conversations to your calendar as actionable items. A copy of (or link to) the recording or transcription should also be available from the calendar item.

Texts and chat sessions should connect to your calendar in the same manner.

Face it, your world doesn't revolve around emails or phone calls or texts...it revolves around your time. How you manage that time will largely determine your success or failure in life.

Simonna

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
In the new Android version I would like to see Samsung Multiwindow support all apps, because I love this feature, and only few apps supports it yet.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What I want in Android 4.3? The stability of Jelly Bean 4.1, the extra features of Jelly Bean 4.2, the ability to skin the OS anyway YOU like (change icons, statusbar appearance, etc.), root access out of the box (hidden from the average consumer deep within developer settings, of course), customize CPU voltage and profile activity, option to limit RAM usage on an application and the ability to choose which UI of android to use at any time. (Whether phone, phone+navbar, phablet or tablet) I also want OEM Android skins GONE. Manufacturers such as Samsung can just implement the features they want on their handsets through stock vanilla android, therefore eliminating the need to add such outlandish skins as well as the problem with updating Android due to OEM versions of Android.

I know most of these options are attainable via custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod, ParanoidAndroid, etc. but it would be great to have such options right out of the box already to add emphasis on Android's "customizability".

markgiardini

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've got issues on 4.2 where I enter my pin to unlock and it keeps relocking straight away. Sometimes rotating to landscape fixes, but its a major pita

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
After Google I/O's lack of 4.3, I now just want it regardless!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Just wanting it will not speed up the process. We, the users of their beloved platform need to inform them of what we want in the next android iteration. Just blatantly stating "I want it" will not help and may force Google to roll out a flawed version of what 4.3 is supposed to be sooner. (This happened in WP7.8, where live tile update issues drained battery and forced many users to go past their data limit. Microsoft eventually fixed it, however.)

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've got issues on 4.2 where I enter my pin to unlock and it keeps relocking straight away. Sometimes rotating to landscape fixes, but its a major pita

PIN relocking issue within the lockscreen? Hmm, I've never encountered this problem on any 4.2 device before. What device are you using and what is the state of the firmware it's running? (is it rooted?, is it using a custom ROM?, what firmware mods is it using?, etc.)

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I just want to be able to use Google Now without having to recharge more than once in the middle of the day.

All of the stuff they showed at I/O was amazing, but with a Galaxy Nexus, I doubt I could run all that on less than 3 charges over the course of the day. What's the point of new features if I have to shut them all off.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7 , not rooted' stock.
Android 4.2.2

Hmm, I've never like the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 lock screen anyway. As useful as it was, the lock screen was buggy.

Anyway, try to see if the problem is present with other lock patterns such as dot combination, password, or face unlock. (The last one is no longer officially available.) If it is visible on all, try rebooting the tablet, even factory resetting it if you feel so inclined upon doing so. (Have you recently updated your Nexus 7? The update may be the problem.)

Posted via Android Central App

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wanting it will not speed up the process. We, the users of their beloved platform need to inform them of what we want in the next android iteration. Just blatantly stating "I want it" will not help and may force Google to roll out a flawed version of what 4.3 is supposed to be sooner. (This happened in WP7.8, where live tile update issues drained battery and forced many users to go past their data limit. Microsoft eventually fixed it, however.)

Don't worry, I was joking :)
I'd rather they get it perfect than ruch it just to make people happy.

I really just want as much performance improvement as possible and maybe a "cleaner" look overall.

Austind1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

I hope developers read this thread!
I have been using Android for more than 2 years. Until upgrading to Jellybean, I have been able to select a check box indicating that changes in my Hotmail email account on my phone will not affect my Hotmail account on my computer (server). That option has been eliminated. Now I can no longer read or delete emails on my phone because it screws up what's on my computer. There may be many who like this, but there are many of us who don't. At least continue giving us the option we have had in the past.

Also, I have selected to have no sound email notifications, but the phone makes 1 ring sound anyway. I can't make it stop!

I frequently use voice input. I know there are commands for punctuation, but I can't find a list anywhere. It is inconceivable that there isn't a list. Neither ATT or Samsung have a clue as to what the available commands are.

My battery life has been significantly reduced with Jellybean. (Galaxy Note)

The keyboard is greatly improved, with the option to hold a key and add punctuation.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm surprised nobody has mention a proper manufacturer-independent Bluetooth LE API. There are a lot of hardware vendors who have to keep pointing back to Google when customers demand Android support. iOS has had this in the bag for a while now. Fitbit syncing on non-Samsung devices would be great.