root android 4.1.1?

RICHO20

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
hi there!

i have recently bought a new tablet the Point of view protab 3 xxl ... it has the JB 4.1.1 and i think its custom rom .. it says rockchip update so it must be a custom rom .. i was just wondering if there is a way to root this device? thanks!

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
hi there!

i have recently bought a new tablet the Point of view protab 3 xxl ... it has the JB 4.1.1 and i think its custom rom .. it says rockchip update so it must be a custom rom .. i was just wondering if there is a way to root this device? thanks!
If its got a custom ROM your probably rooted. You can download a terminal client like ConnectBot from the market and use it to find out if your rooted.

If the prompt sign is # your rooted if its $ you can check if your a Superuser.

Here is Jerry's full post. How to tell if your phone is rooted | Android Central

Nicole Gamble

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have an a android tablet from PROSCAN (7" INTERNET TABLET W/ JELLYBEAN 4.1) I have sorta the same question. How would I know if it's rooted or can be rooted if I CANNOT download the Google Play store to this tablet? It does have Getjar app store tho but it won't allow me to put the Play store on it either. Is there other ways of checking the root status of this tablet? I was thinking since this is ANDROID CENTRAL, my query would be valid since it's an android tablet but not a Play Store capable android tablet. I have more questions but I wanna know 1st if this tablet is worthy of going thru them or just return it to the place where I bought it.
:eek:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

rjnc11

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
is there any way t root my coby kyros mid 7038. its jelly bean 4.1.1 and i can't find any guides for roting it!! XD need help plss!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis