Basic things to speed up GSIII

Nate Wolfe

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been noticing lately that when I text, the letters pop up a little after I type them, a little laggy. I've cleared cache, RAM, etc. Are there any other things I can do to speed it up?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been noticing lately that when I text, the letters pop up a little after I type them, a little laggy. I've cleared cache, RAM, etc. Are there any other things I can do to speed it up?

Not sure if you have checked this or not, but if you have power save mode on, it automatically cuts your CPU speed down, you can go into power save IF ON and uncheck the CPU power save that should make a large difference.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

What keyboard are you using? I use the default jelly bean keyboard now that I got my Note 2 and I'm loving it. But before that I used sywpe on my S2 and I kinda know what you mean. Maybe try doing a hard reset. Power off, pull battery wait a few minutes and try again. If that doesn't work have you installed any new apps since you started having this problem?

What I did when I had the issue with swype, I reinstalled it and updated after that it worked great.

Try giving the Default jelly bean keyboard it works just as good as swype but has Google Now voice recognition as well. It's also pretty good at learning the way you type/swype.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
that's a problem with touchwiz. Many users (like me) switched to another keyboard. I suggest using swift keys 3

I am also using Swift Keys 3 but it's buggy, the prediction bar vanishes half the time. I went to their VIP forum thing and posted about it, and the post got deleted when I tried to bump it after waiting 3 days for a reply. Great app when it works, but not the best company when you pay for something and they ignore you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781