Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery drain samsung galaxy s3

is it normal? i was looking around the web and 65% seems a lot...

samsung galaxy s3 JB 4.1.2

Last edited by Diego Retaggi; 02-12-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Default Odp: Battery drain samsung galaxy s3

Yes, if you got screen on high brigtness wifi can suck in power a lot too

Default Re: Odp: Battery drain samsung galaxy s3

Yes that appears normal, I'm on JellyBean 4.1.1 Verizon SG3. I've become accustom to carrying around an EXTRA battery in my earbud case and my car charger is always available. With todays smartphones and all they can do ....batteries just don't last as long as the old days like with the "dumb" phones

Default Re: Battery drain samsung galaxy s3

Since T-Mobile sent an update, my battery has been 50% of what it used to be.
    I need to recharge by 5pm now, before I had 40% left by 10pm when I put it on the charger.
    Nice update tmo...

Default Re: Battery drain samsung galaxy s3

To the OP, it would appear you're using the phone, with the screen on, a lot. And yes, the screen will use a lot of battery. But your screen capture would be more useful if you show it from a full charge until just before you have to plug it in. There's no way for us to see what usage was before or after you started to recharge.

Also, on this screen, tap where it says "Shermo." That will display another screen showing screen-on time.

Finally, come back to this screen and tap on the graph. That will display a new screen with additional information.

To AngryShortGuy: I'm not sure what update you're referring to, but the general answer to issues that start after an OS upgrade is to back up your data and do a factory reset. A pain, yes, but it will almost always solve upgrade related issues.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    cjmelerine34 likes this.