Drag and Drop files

EnjoyLife220

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been posted before, but several searches and hours later, I'd like to be pointed to the solution or told.

So, I have an HTC Evo 4G LTE from Sprint, upgraded to the latest update. All I want to do is be able to drag and drop files onto my phone.

It used to be easy, I plug in, the Evo icon shows up on my computer and then I double click and drag into the music folder.

Now, either I get an installation problem (MTP does not install) or it shows up as a portable device, I double click and it load part or none of the folders on the internal storage. Or it just sits there trying to load and eventually freezes up.

I do not want to use HTC sync.

SOlutions?

Alex

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
One option although probably not the exact answer your looking for is if you have Wi-Fi access to your desktop/network you can use a file manager like ES File Explorer which has built in LAN access.

I use it all the time at home to connect to my desktop or anything else on my network like other computers, phones, main backup drive. Then you can copy and paste things right to your device or vice versa.

Just an option worth exploring ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums