Unable to connect to e mail account

cliveag

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have just acquired an Acer Iconia A210 tablet running Android 4.1.1. I have been trying to access my existing e mail account with TalkTalk but I keep getting a message saying "cannot connect to server". I have spoken to TalkTalk and everything I am doing is correct. They say it may be an issue with Android. Acer techies tell me that it is a software problem and to re-set the tablet and try again. I did, and it didn't. What can I do?:(

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you may have wrong setting to connect for the account. I would suggest 2 things 1) Try connecting a different email account to the tablet, if you don't have one create it 2) try using the exact same setting for the TalkTalk account on your PC with your email app. This should tell you if the problem is the phone or the settings.

cliveag

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that neil154. I have been through the settings with the TalkTalk techies and they say that I am using the correct ones. It has been suggested that Android 4.1.1 doesn't like POP3 accounts. Any knowledge?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that neil154. I have been through the settings with the TalkTalk techies and they say that I am using the correct ones. It has been suggested that Android 4.1.1 doesn't like POP3 accounts. Any knowledge?

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have 4.1.1 and 3 pop accounts with no problems. I suggest you try my previous suggestions. Another thing to try is using a different email app. I don't know what you are using but I use MailDroid and like it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol