- 1 Posts
Hi, I created this thread after looking around for a solution for 2 hours.
My GPS basically isn't working. The icon in the notification bar is empty, not blinking or full. When I pull it down it says searching for GPS signal, but never ends.
This happens in every app using gps.
I have a Galaxy Nexus on 4.2.2
It's also not a hardware issue, some time ago (maybe before I updated to 4.2.1) it was working.
Help? This is really really frustrating me.
- 02-14-2013, 05:07 PM #2
- 02-25-2013, 02:10 PM #3
- 7 Posts
Re: GPS Problems
Add me to the list! I sent my Nexus 4 back in because I was sure it was a hardware issue. It was doing this:
The gps icon wouldn't even show up unless I went into locations settings, disabled and then re-enabled location services.
Now, the icon is empty and I don't get a lock at all.
It sounds like some people don't have the problem.
I ordered one for my wife and hers has the same initial problem I had.
- 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM #4
- 03-01-2013, 02:03 PM #5
- 2 Posts
Re: GPS Problems
I received my phone on Tuesday and after setting it up, the 4.2.2 update had downloaded, so I installed it straight away. The following day, I tried using GPS for the first time and I got the same symptoms described in this post. I was going to return it as faulty, but it looks like it may be worth hanging on for a fix I suppose. I'm sure that Google must have been told about this already, surely?
- 03-04-2013, 01:21 PM #6
- 06-30-2013, 02:04 PM #7
- By Fairbanks in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 47Last Post: 03-15-2011, 06:53 PM
- By southpawmedic#IM in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 08-07-2010, 09:46 AM
- By CarliCruise in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2010, 08:38 AM
- By thenameisgabe in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 8Last Post: 07-26-2010, 07:45 AM
- By PRNmeds in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 03-23-2010, 01:37 AM