GPS Problems

MonkeyDot

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I created this thread after looking around for a solution for 2 hours.
My GPS basically isn't working. The icon in the notification bar is empty, not blinking or full. When I pull it down it says searching for GPS signal, but never ends.
This happens in every app using gps.
I have a Galaxy Nexus on 4.2.2
It's also not a hardware issue, some time ago (maybe before I updated to 4.2.1) it was working.
Help? This is really really frustrating me.

rs232pro

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Add me to the list! I sent my Nexus 4 back in because I was sure it was a hardware issue. It was doing this:
The gps icon wouldn't even show up unless I went into locations settings, disabled and then re-enabled location services.
Now, the icon is empty and I don't get a lock at all.
It sounds like some people don't have the problem.
I ordered one for my wife and hers has the same initial problem I had.

Bazmati

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I received my phone on Tuesday and after setting it up, the 4.2.2 update had downloaded, so I installed it straight away. The following day, I tried using GPS for the first time and I got the same symptoms described in this post. I was going to return it as faulty, but it looks like it may be worth hanging on for a fix I suppose. I'm sure that Google must have been told about this already, surely?

Bazmati

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Update: I downloaded the GPS Test application from the Play Store and selected the Update AGPS option from the settings screen and GPS sprung into life. Before doing this, GPS had never worked on my phone. Now works all the time. Hope this works for you guys too

drosan1

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
finally found the fix after searching the web for over a month. The fix is so simple, its almost stupid. Guess, its MapQuest.
Check out the solution
Solved ? Searching for GPS Issue on Nexus 4 or Android Phones | AskStudent

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark