Problem with Contacts in Messaging app after 4.1.2 update

AzianRahman

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have this frustrating issue since the phone auto updated to 4.1.2 recently.
Prior to the update, in my Messaging app, it would have the names of the contact for each message accompanied with their photo. Now since the upgrade, there are no contact names for each message nor photo but only the phone number of the contact, which sucks because now I don't know which messages are from whom because I can't tell who the contact is from the phone number. e.g Where it used to say "John" and then his messages, it now just has +65 1234 5678 (John's number) and then his messages.
Does anyone know how to fix this so I can get the contact names back in the Messages?

Thanks!

AzianRahman

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm having the same problem also, plus in/out calls not showing their name as well, only numbers.
My model is S3 LTE.
I have the same model.
And yes I just checked (didn't realise it until I read your post) but mine is also not showing names for in/out calls as well, it only shows phone numbers.

I've been hunting for a while now across the web for this problem and a solution but I've come up dry for both.

AzianRahman

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a workaround but it's not ideal.
I pick a conversation in the Messaging app which only has my contacts listed with their phone numbers, I can then choose Add To Contacts, I then select that person from the contacts list who is already there and it adds them. Their name then appears in the Messaging app. So this is a workaround but there are 2 issues:
1) It duplicates the phone number in my contacts because their number was already there before I added them for the second time using this workaround
2) This is a very tedious solution as I'd have to do it for every single conversation in my Messages.

Hence why I was hoping there might be a better solution.