Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I set the number of messages synchronized over IMAP ?

Hi folks,
    Very new to Android (just 2 days). Switching from an iPod Touch to a Nexus 4. An upgrade for sure.

I have been trying to figure out how I can set the number of messages that are synchronized in the Mail app. I use IMAP accounts. On iOS I had it set to the 200 last messages. But I can't find a comparable setting on Android Jelly Bean. I've looked on the net for quite some time and turned up nothing. Not even other people asking about this.

Is there a way to set this?

Thank you...

Joe

Default Re: How can I set the number of messages synchronized over IMAP ?

what email?? gmail?? if its gmail the settings is here https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    what email??
    Any IMAP email account. Thanks for pointing out Gmail IMAP sync settings are done server-side. What about private IMAP accounts? On iOS the setting is on the device, rather than determined by the server. I wanted to know if Android has a similar setting? Or perhaps there is a particular email app that has that setting available? If anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    what email?? gmail?? if its gmail the settings is here https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop
    On Gmail, are you referring to the "Limit IMAP folders to contain no more than this many messages... " setting?
    Not quite what I am after. Minimum is 1000. Seems like a hell of a lot of messages per folder to be storing on my device.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSimms View Post
    Any IMAP email account. Thanks for pointing out Gmail IMAP sync settings are done server-side. What about private IMAP accounts? On iOS the setting is on the device, rather than determined by the server. I wanted to know if Android has a similar setting? Or perhaps there is a particular email app that has that setting available? If anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
    I dont use email app so i have no way to test it out but try out K-9 mail. some recommend this app.