Nexus 10 4.2.2 update and HBO GO not working properly.

Tiago Pina

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I received the 4.2.2 update on my Nexus10 and after that, everything is working normally, but HBO GO is choppy.

Funny thing is, it gets choppy when the image goes HD and completely loses audio and video sync

I tried it at work with a down speed of over 300mbps and up speed of over 100Mbsp, Tried it at home with 75/25mbps down/up... Nothing.
Uninstalled HBO GO, installed again. Same thing.
Uninstalled HBO GO, Reboot, Installed HBO GO, Reboot. Same thing.

I don't know what to do... Everything was perfect until the 4.2.2 update...

Is there anything else that I can do? :'(

judyinnyc

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing the choppiness on HBO Go, too. The good news is that my WiFi connection appears to be more stable (it was dropping and reconnecting every 5 minutes),

Vokan

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
New owner of the Nexus 10, pre-4.2.2 update.

I had zero issues with the HBO app or it's stream prior. However, since? It's made HBO Go nearly unwatchable. Aside from your post, I haven't found anyone else pointing this out, which is incredibly frustrating.

Frankly, not even sure where to point this general complaint and make an inquiry on when it will be addressed.

Tiago Pina

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I complained to both HBO and Google... HBO responded saying that there's a known issue with Android 4.2.2 and that they're working on it. Google has not responded yet.

Vokan

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate you following up with them.

Hopefully the address it soon. Trying to catch up on Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire using the tablet is proving almost impossible. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy