getting rid up jb update message on droid maxx hd-without updating

tmord1

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I am a newbie, a recent blackberry convert. I have a new droid razr maxx hd that is set up perfectly and I *do not* want the jellybean update that is being pushed to my phone. I have rooted the phone, it is on ics 4.04 and I have installed titanium backup pro. I deleted device manager and have frozen the 3 oma apps, but I keep getting the update window for .7.2 en every few hours. Did I miss a step? Is there a cache that I need to clear (I rooted after the first update message). I have read about disabling google services framework, but am worried that this prevent my access to the google play store. Any help would be greatly appreciated (in 'newbie' speak please ). Thanks in advance for the help.:)

ps sorry for double posting this, but after posting it in the droid razr maxx hd section, I notice the jellybean forum and thought this would be a better place to ask the question

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
may I ask why you dont want JB?? JB will improve your phone and will make it twice faster.
not to mention ton of features with it. also now many app support JB specific features

tmord1

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I just the bought my phone last week. The day after I got it, I updated to Jellybean(using the ota message that I got) assuming it would be great. After the update, my computer could no longer connect to the phone -it saw it as a cd drive. I had set up companion link just so I could sync to my computer over a usb (not a cloud fan), but that was no longer an option. Also, after the upgrade, the phone no longer allowed me to use a third party texting app that I preferred as the default app. I also had trouble with light flow after the update. The inability for my pc to connect to the phone and access it was a deal breaker for me. I went back to Verizon and argued with them (and had them try to connect my phone to 3 pc's in the store). After a great deal of debate who pushed' the jb update and who was responsible for the problem (motorola's, googles or verizons), I got them to agree to swap out my 'updated' phone, all of 24 hours old with another razr maxx hd out of the box. I have had absolutely no problem whatsoever on ics (on second phone) and want to keep it that way. I have read on several other forums about the connection problem after the jb update, seems like my phone was not the only one. So...that's why I'd like to keep ics and pass on this update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome