Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: S2, voice notification of page, help me get rid of it.

I was having this issue. None of the above methods had helped stop the phone from announcing which desktop I'm currently on when I swipe over "Page 4 of 7", "Page 5 of 7". My Talkback service is turned off, as well as Driving Mode. Likewise, I've tried disabling all kinds of text-to-speech options in an attempt to solve it, but no luck.
    The only special app that I could think of that could be affecting this is my lockscreen widget app, called NiLS. It just offers a widget for your lock screen or home screen that shows any incoming notifications in a nice, minimalist text, which I really like for my lockscreen. However, the widget requires a service to run on the phone, which shouldn't cause any issues, but apparently this is a bug in Samsung Galaxy S3 phones? I disabled the NiLS notification service, and the voice stopped notifying me of my homescreen page.
    For anyone else that has this problem and, like me and many others, you've searched all over the internet for a solution, it appears that this is a bug with Samsung Galaxy S3 phones using some apps that install a service in the Accessibility area of the Settings of the phone. I'm no Android expert, but my gut tells me this can't be fixed without a bug update/patch for Android or possibly the apps themselves, but my phone is fully updated via Settings->About Device->Software update. For now, I think you'll have to disable the service(s) those apps are using and the voice notifications should stop. As for which app services cause the issue and which don't, I have no idea. There are a few listed above by other users that seem to also cause the issue, as well as the one I was using, NiLS.

My phone:
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (stock, no root)
    model: SGH-T999L
    Android: 4.1.2

Hope this helps to everyone. If you can, like this post so others find it easier.

Cool Re: S2, voice notification of page, help me get rid of it.

hi

Try this:
    Disable TTS: Go to Android settings > Apps (Applications) > Move to the "All" tab > Disable both "Google Text-to-speech engine" and "Samsung TTS" by first clicking on them, then click on "Disable".

Worked for me, had NoLED app and this helped. I removed Google one and this helped but if one doesnt work, try both.

ciao

Cool Re: S2, voice notification of page, help me get rid of it.

Yay!!!! Thanks Lolabelle5!!!!
    I have NoLED and never suspected this. I have tried everything else.
    This soooo fixed it! I hope that NoLED will still function properly... but the
    annoying ladies voice is now gone. All day long I had to adjust media volume...
    now I don't have to do that. Been doing it for over a year and so blasted annoying.
    Many props!
    Clint

For me it was settings> accessibility > Services> there I had GoLocker. When I unchecked that, it solved the problem.

Was last Pass for me in the same section as everyone else. What a shame, as it stores all my passwords for apps.

@Byron Broadway - this worked for me after installing various pebble apps. Thanks!

JUST UNINSTALL TEXT-TO SPEECH !! than you will still have the voice ... but wait for the phone to instal text to speech again and... it is GONE ! The new installation of Text to speech brings new settings i guess :-)

I just installed a new screen and digitizer on my phone. When I turned the phone on for the first time it did this. I thought perhaps it was an app, so I did a complete hard factory reset. The phone is now not allowing me to click things and the annoying voice is still there. I need help. I've been fighting with the person I bought this screen from for almost a month trying to get my phone fixed and now this. I'm almost to tears because this situation has been so freaking stressful. Please help? Is it the screen? I don't understand what's wrong. Talkback is off. I had go locker lock screen and it has now been removed from the re-set. So, I don't understand

Reading through all these posts, it seems to me the bug is in the Samsung iteration of AndroidOS Jellybean. I have a Samsung GalaxyS Advance that I have rooted to run Jellybean... and ANY "service" active seems to trigger this most annoying bug.

I have to have the service "on" to allow my Pebble Smartwatch to receive txt/call notifications, so there's no "disable the Service" solution for me... but I'm going to dump TTS and at least remove it's voice.

Uninstalling history notifications worked for me!

Thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Broadway View Post
    hi

Try this:
    Disable TTS: Go to Android settings > Apps (Applications) > Move to the "All" tab > Disable both "Google Text-to-speech engine" and "Samsung TTS" by first clicking on them, then click on "Disable".

Worked for me, had NoLED app and this helped. I removed Google one and this helped but if one doesnt work, try both.

ciao
    Thank you!

I found my solution in recently installed aps. In my case it was LastPass password manager. I disabled the app and viola! No more page turn voice notification. Now I am going to Lastpass to learn if there is a solution posted there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12