Anyway to make dashclock the default lock screen?

erodenero

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Ive recently been using the dashclock widget on both my home screen and lock screen.
Side note: best app ever!
anyway, on the lock screen is there way to make dashclock the default lock screen? As of right now i have to swipe to the right to view dashclock. Id rather have it on display when i press the power button instantly rather than having to swipe, I know it takes 2 seconds but it would make the screen a lot cleaner if i could remove the default android lock screen clock/.
btw using a nexus 4 on 4.2.1
any advice?

stimp73

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No that doesn't work. I have multiple clocks on my widget. It looks like it's working, but after "moving" the clock stays with the one Digital Clock, not the one with multiple world clocks.

Mojojojo420

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i still cant seem to make DashClock as the default lock screen. Perhaps i am not reading information correctly??
What i want is simply the following: when i click on the power button, i want DashClock to be the screen with the lock / swipe option.
No matter what i try to do, it always displays the the default "life companion and time & date as the default screen with the lock / swipe option.
This is driving me nuts.
thanks,

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Ive recently been using the dashclock widget on both my home screen and lock screen.
Side note: best app ever!
anyway, on the lock screen is there way to make dashclock the default lock screen? As of right now i have to swipe to the right to view dashclock. Id rather have it on display when i press the power button instantly rather than having to swipe, I know it takes 2 seconds but it would make the screen a lot cleaner if i could remove the default android lock screen clock/.
btw using a nexus 4 on 4.2.1
any advice?

First, add Dashclock Widget to your lockscreen. (Swipe to the left until you see a rectangle with a plus inside of it and click it to add a widget)
Then, long press Dashclock until you see this:
Screenshot_2013-07-11-13-36-03.png
Bring the window contaning Dashclock to the far right:
Screenshot_2013-07-11-13-36-58.png
..and you should end up with this:
Screenshot_2013-07-11-13-49-23.png

Alternatively, you can long press any widgets present on the lockscreen, swipe them up to delete them after the long press and add Dashclock so it will be the first widget screen going from right to left.

Hope this helps. :p

erodenero

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
First, add Dashclock Widget to your lockscreen. (Swipe to the left until you see a rectangle with a plus inside of it and click it to add a widget)
Then, long press Dashclock until you see this:
View attachment 73708
Bring the window contaning Dashclock to the far right:
View attachment 73707
..and you should end up with this:
View attachment 73706

Alternatively, you can long press any widgets present on the lockscreen, swipe them up to delete them after the long press and add Dashclock so it will be the first widget screen going from right to left.

Hope this helps. :p

Awesome thank you

Sam Robinson1

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I can't swipe to the left with mine, Using the HTC One X and I've selected the 'Lock Screen Style' setting and chosen 'Widget' but it's still got the default clock and icons at the bottom, any ideas?

Scud_1373

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here (on Verizon's HTC One). I'd love to use Dashclock, but I end up with two clocks on the screen, Dashclock's and the stock one at the bottom. There's on swiping left or right, and long pressing doesn't do anything other than let me resize Dashclock's widget. There has to be a way to get rid of the default clock.

Scud_1373

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Apparently I just can't, for no explicable reason:

Once you've got your HTC One updated to Android 4.2 — the update's rolling out now in Europe and Asia — you'll need to head to Settings > Personalize > Lock screen style and choose the new "Widget" option at the end of the list. From here, you can choose a single lock screen widget to go at the top of your lock screen. That's right, unfortunately you can't scroll through multiple pages of widgets like you can in stock Android.

Awesome. And the widgets shrink every time the devices sleeps, also for no reason at all. It certainly doesn't need the room since it's the only widget I can add. Can't unlink ringer/notifications, and now this... Switching to my new phone has been unnecessarily frustrating. Guess I'll have to use something other than Dashclock.

Havranek

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys
I am new to android and just got a Galaxy s4. I have downloaded dashclock and want it to be my default lock screen widget. If i move it to the very right and when I get a message or have a missed phone call my dashclock widget moves to the left and on my screen appears message window that I got a text or missed phone call. If I do not have any notifications dashclock is my default lockscreen. How can I make sure that I have only one(Dashclock) widget on my screen every time I press the home button or have any missed notifications?

cmlconsumer

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't work for me. When I long-press DashClock, the DashClock SETTINGS always come up. I've chosen my settings. I just can't get Dashclock to show on my lockscreen (or homescreen).