Google Maps still showing my old home address

N7AS#AC

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently moved to a new location not far from my old one and Google Maps still shows my location as the old address. How can I delete the old address so my new location shows on the map?

Last edited by a moderator:

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Maps still showinf my old home address

Go to my places in Google Maps online and edit the address.

N7AS#AC

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Go to Google Places, login using your Google account, you will find the option to edit your current address, go ahead and edit the same, you will be asked to confirm a code via sms or phone and you are ready to fly :)
The only thing wrong with this method is that I do not use this phone with a cell carrier, just with wifi and VOIP so I can't do SMS.

N7AS#AC

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Did you try my suggestion?
I tried that, but when I bring up Maps, the location marker still goes to my old location and then (sometimes) goes to my new address. I was able to edit my address on Google Maps on the computer in My Places, but it put it in the wrong place (not exactly where my address is on the map). I remember at one time long ago, you could place a marker on Google Maps exactly where you wanted to, but that feature seems to have went away.

vivek madnani

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

I am using iOS but m facing the same problem....I shifted my home last month but google maps is showing my old house when I press show current location...please suggest if any one else faced this problem and was able to solve this

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I am using iOS but m facing the same problem....I shifted my home last month but google maps is showing my old house when I press show current location...please suggest if any one else faced this problem and was able to solve this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance