My volume button changes all sounds

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
When within an App it'll change the Media volume.
When not in an App it'll change the Ringer volume.
When in a call it'll change the In-Call volume.

Is there a reason you're trying to change this & what're you trying to change this to?

anarkyz

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Because I sometimes hit the volume button by accident and it might lower my ringer volume to low or silent. There should be a option like on the iphone about how volume button does not affect the ringtone volume.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
There should be a option like on the iphone

But it's not an iPhone.... Seriously, if the screen is locked the volume will not get changed if you accidentally hit it or brush up against something while in your pocket. If the screen is not locked, you will see if you hit it because a visible popup will show and you will also hear it getting louder or softer.

anarkyz

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
thats all you got out of that? I'm asking for suggestions here. Not to be criticized.

So im guessing something simple as a option for the volume button that controls ringtone volume cannot be done on a phone powerful as a s3 while the iphone can?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
thats all you got out of that? I'm asking for suggestions here. Not to be criticized.

So im guessing something simple as a option for the volume button that controls ringtone volume cannot be done on a phone powerful as a s3 while the iphone can?

I was not trying to be critical, but this is an Android forum and it gets tiresome sometimes when new people wander in and immediately ask "Why can't my Android phone do what my iPhone did?".

Since you are new to Android I was trying to explain exactly how the volume control works out of the box. I see Lanhoj has provided you with a possible option using a 3rd party app. :)