New firmware update - cant turn off haptic feedback & sounds

Damon Greenfield

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the firmware update last night. After my phone did its rebooting , i touch an app to open it, it makes a sound. I went to go text a friend and when input keys the device vibrates with touch and makes sounds with each key stroke. I had this turned OFF , before the update. Now after the update i have them set to OFF and i still get vibrate on keystrokes and sounds. I hate this.. I even turned them on by putting a check beside the box , rebooted, then went back in and unchecked the boxes for haptic feedback and sounds when keystroke is pressed, and it still does it.

I cant stand my phone doing this.. any way to stop it from doing it ? Do i have to revert back to older firmware ?

Samsung Galaxy SIII

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am on 4.2.2 on a Galaxy Nexus and even with touch sounds turned on I do not get sound when typing a text, just when launching and sending. Samsung adds it's only skins on their S3 so perhaps this is a Samsung issue?

Damon Greenfield

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Im not sure.. I dont know much about skins and stuff like that. I just know these noises when I hit my keystrokes are really starting to irratate me. Sounds like little drops of water every time I push a keystroke when i am messaging someone .
I will have to call my service provider tomorrow and see if they can revery my phone back to the 4.1.2 or 2.1 or which ever it was.

drdcrobertson

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Damon ,

Got this figured out. Actually my daughter got it. Go to the main settings, then language and input, then select Android keyboard (click the little gear on the right), turn off the checkmark where it says vibrate on key touch. That worked for me, but I feel your pain, I HATE that haptic feedback when I'm texting or anything.
Hope that helps
DCR

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Damon ,

Got this figured out. Actually my daughter got it. Go to the main settings, then language and input, then select Android keyboard (click the little gear on the right), turn off the checkmark where it says vibrate on key touch. That worked for me, but I feel your pain, I HATE that haptic feedback when I'm texting or anything.
Hope that helps
DCR

Actually, there is an option for sound on keypress where you just mentioned. I have that unchecked but the vibrate on keypress checked and I do not have the original poster's problem.

Damon Greenfield

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the Language and input selection, but there was no Android Key board option. There was Google voice typing, Samsung Key board, Swype. I clicked on Gear beside Samsung Keyboard, then on that next screen was a list of things. One of them was called Advanced , I clicked on that and that screen had like Auto capitilize , auto puncutate, character preview, key-tap vibration , key tap sound.. Both were checked, so I unchecked them and tried out texting someone.. No more sound, no more haptic feedback.. yaaaa :D Im so much happier now.

misshayleylou

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much was having the same problem and this worked for me. Why have they buried these settings in the new system?! Im hoping that's what was making my battery drain really fast too. Has anyone else novice theirs draining faster since the update?

ice_box

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
thanks drdcrobertson it also worked for me and for other it might just be under the name google voice typing

and now the other problem will the zoom function on the internet app by sliding my finger on the side of the screen

Beasleyy Sam

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Damn, i can't find "Vibrate on tap/tounc" in any settings on Ace 3 4.2.2, why were they remove that setting and let this annoying and battery draining things happen to their products -___-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20