Nav voice quiet compared to music volume

Carl Hassett

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has a thread on here for this? Couldn't find one so posting new thread.
The Nav voice is so much quieter than the music volume and there is no way to increase nav volume in app. Lowering the volume for music also lowered the nav voice to inaudible levels.

I have a workaround that's working for me.

Galaxy Note II, JB (the Omega ROM with clockwork recovery and rooted).
Google maps 6.14.3

As I posted in Issue 34592 - android - Navigation volume is lower than media volume - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting @86 I use the stock music player, so I went into the equaliser and bottomed out all the channels and the extended ones. I downloaded Audio Manager

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...S5zbWFydGFudWouaGlkZWl0cHJvIl0&token=DoXAgizg.

which turns out to be an app to hide files on the phone! The front screen that you get before going into the hide function has volume sliders that seem to work. Set Alarm 3/7, Music 14/15, Notification, Ringer and system 3/7, Voice 5/5.

The car audio volume is up a lot, watch out if you cut between the phone and CD or commercial radio.

Playing music and navigation over bluetooth in car (cheap cigarette lighter FM broadcast device). Bluetooth volume high (9/10) gave good music with Nav voice slightly louder than music (music stops or fades in and out for voice commands). Notifications and calls came through at reasonable level (9/10), so didn't blow speakers or my ears.

Until Google get their act together this is what I'll do.

Other threads on the subject:
Issue 15690 - android - Navigation volume very quiet - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting
Google Groups[1-25-false]

Google if you are listening, you could take the voice files and amplify by 400% then have the files update with the new level recordings during an update. This would sort this problem in a snap!

Hope this helps anyone out there that was having this problem.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Until Google get their act together this is what I'll do.

I think Google pretty much has their act together. I do not believe they intended people to navigate and listen to music at the same time, at least not on the same device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon