Abt to switch to my 1st Android phone from Blackberry; some basic questions:

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
My first post here; thank you all for reading.

I am very excited about this move.
Will likely be getting the Galaxy s4 with Verizon when it is released in April.

Some questions:

1. I am a hardcore Outlook via Exchange user. I know that with the Iphone, you can't sync "To Dos" and "Notes". Does the same apply to Android-Jelly Bean?
2. If yes to number 1, are there any workarounds and are they good/effective?
3. To an ABSOLUTE ANDROID NOOB, what would you tell me to look out for/consider when making the switch from Blackberry?

Any other tips/suggestions/advice are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

Corey Sheldon

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
If youre going Samsung remember their customer service is very good but themes can make it look as close to BBC as possible (they normally need to be de/odexed to avoid issues)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Try the Z10. I hate to say but I am a Crackberry at heart. More of a business user that anything else. I can not wait to get my hands on one to try out. Who knows maybe I will stay with Android.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Try the Z10. I hate to say but I am a Crackberry at heart. More of a business user that anything else. I can not wait to get my hands on one to try out.

Mine is in the mail, should arrive next week...
Can't wait to try it out though I'm pretty confident I'll stick to Android as my primary device, the Z10 might become my backup or at least secondary backup, we'll see. Hopefully they update the Android emulator to 4.1 ASAP!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch about six weeks ago. Haven't looked back. I agree with the comments below regarding LightFlow and Profiles. BB did rock in the Notifications and Alerts department. Even the new Z10 has lost that. So, with a bit of work I've been able to get to where I was in terms of LED notifications and profiles. And, of course, the apps ecosystem is like being in a new dimension.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone comment on synchronization of "To Do's" and "Notes" via Exchange?

It may depend on the specific device. ON the Samsung S3, you can sync ToDos. They show up in the default calendar app. I don't know if this is a Samsung feature, or a standard Android one, however. I don't believe Android will sync Notes. If this is very important, you might want to check out the Touchdown app. It's designed to act as a mobile extension to Outlook, and I believe ti syncs everything.

Also, this might be helpful to you: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/141534-blackberry-users-guide-android.html

And if you decide on a Galaxy S3, this, too: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-you-wanted-know-about-your-galaxy-s3.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke