Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Change Lock Screen Image.

Hi,

I want to change my lock screen image to one of my own. However, I am having great difficulty doing so. I have followed all the advice given previously, but none of it works.

I have gone into Setting/Display/Wallpaper/Lock Screen/ and tried to change the image there. Unfortunately, the Only options I get are the stock Samsung images. There is no way to choose another image. There is no Gallery option. I have tried to change the wallpaper by pressing on an empty part of a screen. This time I get the choice between Lice Wallpapers and the stock Samsung screens. Again, no Gallery option is offered.

I do have ADW Launcher Theme and a Live wallpaper running. Would this make a difference? I want to keep the Live Wallpaper on the screens and have a different, static image on my Lock screen. Is this even possible? Why am I not getting any Gallery option as everyone else seems to be? I use X-Plore to choose images and navigate around my phones folder system.

This is really annoying.

My phone is a Rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 (O2 - UK). It is running Jelly Bean 4.1.2.

Ta.

Default Re: Change Lock Screen Image.

Why stop at just changing the Wallpaper on your Lockscreen?
    I'd recommend WidgetLocker to change pretty much everything on your Lockscreen--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.widgetlocker

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Lanhoj; 03-23-2013 at 12:32 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

First of all, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

I already use Widget Locker. However, when I come out of the Widget Locker screen, I still have the screen in which I need to enter my password. It is on this screen I wish to put the wallpaper.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

That's odd, my S3 has "Gallery" as an option setting the Lockscreen image following your steps.
    Change Lock Screen Image.-uploadfromtaptalk1364015752203.jpg
    I'm not rooted though & running 4.1 1.

Perhaps find the folder Samsung's are in and copy the one you want to that folder.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

This is what mine looks like

Did you try locating the folder Samsung puts them in?
    Also, your Status Bar looks like one heck of a cluttered mess (IMO), LoL. Might be worth checking out "StatusBar+"--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.wp7bar

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Great advice on the Status Bar app. Installed it, love it.

As for the Gallery, issue. I can't find where the Samsung images are kept. Would it be possible to have uninstalled the Gallery app? I used Titanium to uninstall all the apps I didn't want a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by BadHead1970; 03-23-2013 at 07:05 PM.