How transfer MP3 songs to Nexus 4, with Windows 7.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have an acer aspire running windows 7, and my phone is a Nexus 4 with 16GB.

When I open the provided music player, select On Device, there are songs there. When I open Ol File Manager, then open, Music there is nothing there, when I plug Nexus 4 into acer aspire and go into the phokes Music folder there are no songs, WTF!

Anyway, I want control over my music and it ain't a happening friends!

What is available for the Nexus 4 where I can easily control what songs are on my phone, easily add to the music from my acer aspire and delete songs or albums directly on the phone, Is that asking too much?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
When connected to your computer, all your files should be visible under internal storage/music. I have a Galaxy Nexus running stock 4.2.2 and so should you. Can you see files in any folder? I can see this on both XP and Windows 7 machines. Did you machine install the proper driver the first time you connected the phone?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
everything working now, my guess is that Google music was showing songs on my device but weren't really, perhaps from cloud? anyway I started saving to the phone also download winsmp, win amp worked and then Google music player work, even to where it was finally showing a delete function which did not come up before.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You can change your view in the music app to only show/play songs actually on the phone. Otherwise, you will see all the songs in your account in the cloud.