Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TJB
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    TJB

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Default Google voice toggle?

I am new to Android, former WebOS user.

Is there a simple app that can just turn on and off google voice for outbound calls?
    Turn it on and all calls go through GV. Turn it off and all calls go through without GV.

Deciding on which route to take every time I make a call is getting to be a pain.

The voice choice app does work sometimes but other times it does not.

In WebOS I could open up my GV app and make calls directly from the app. I miss this functionality.

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

Global Posts
    1,143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Google voice toggle?

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I am new to Android, former WebOS user.

Is there a simple app that can just turn on and off google voice for outbound calls?
    Turn it on and all calls go through GV. Turn it off and all calls go through without GV.

Deciding on which route to take every time I make a call is getting to be a pain.

The voice choice app does work sometimes but other times it does not.

In WebOS I could open up my GV app and make calls directly from the app. I miss this functionality.

Thanks in advance,
    Tom
    Should be something here for you:

If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."
    Thanked by:
    TJB 

In the Google Voice application, if you go into the settings and select "Making calls," you have the following options:

Use Google Voice to make all calls
    Do not use Google Voice to make any calls
    Only use Google Voice for international calls
    Ask every time I make a call

That final option will cause a small dialog to pop up when making a phone call in the dialer, asking if you want to use Google Voice for that call or not. Is this the behavior you're looking for?
    Thanked by:
    TJB 

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    In the Google Voice application, if you go into the settings and select "Making calls," you have the following options:

That final option will cause a small dialog to pop up when making a phone call in the dialer, asking if you want to use Google Voice for that call or not. Is this the behavior you're looking for?
    There is also the widget which allows you toggle through those same options without opening the app.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nex7 using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:
    TJB 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    TJB

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post

Thanks for the info. That is what I have been doing. I was wondering if there was an app that I could toggle back and fourth. When it is off all calls would go through without GV. When its on all calls wold run through GV. That way I would not have to decide for every call. For me there are long periods of time when I need to use GV and then say nights and weekends where I don't use it at all. So having the ability to "toggle" would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Thanks for the info. That is what I have been doing. I was wondering if there was an app that I could toggle back and fourth. When it is off all calls would go through without GV. When its on all calls wold run through GV. That way I would not have to decide for every call. For me there are long periods of time when I need to use GV and then say nights and weekends where I don't use it at all. So having the ability to "toggle" would be great.
    The Google Voice widget let's you toggle like that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    TJB 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    TJB

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Thanks GDS, that is exactly what I was looking for. Perfect!!
    Thanked by:
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.