Wrong information input during first time setup. Wish to correct it. Please help.

JanWy Foo

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note to Jelly Bean.

During the first time setup and when it came to a screen that asked me to key in my first name and my last name (there was a message in that screen says that those information will be used in some applications), I'd have a typo and mistakenly hit the continue button, and I cannot go back anymore.

After the setup, I've went through the system settings and I can't find any option that enabled me to correct the above-mentioned information. Now I'm very frustrated and wondering if this might cause a lot of troubles up ahead. I really wish that will be a way to modify the information. Please help.

Any kind assistance on this case will be much much appreciated. Have a nice day!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You do not key in any new information during an upgrade. Do you mean you entered it wrong when you first bought the phone?

You will not experience any real problems as everything is tied to your gmail account. Your name may appear misspelled, but it does not effect the functionality of the device.

JanWy Foo

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
To Patruns:
Once after the upgrade, the system will restart itself, and when it's the first time it boot the system there is a series of settings needed to be done. What I can remember is, I had been asked to login to my Dropbox account, done some location setting, login to Samsung account and so on so forth, and of course to provide my first name and last name as I mentioned.
My worry is, we don't even know what is that setting is about, and what will be affected in the future. Maybe it won't affect much, but I feel that's a dirt in my system. :-\
Thank you anyway.