Using an Android phone with a prepaid credit card? A few more questions too.

robitaille93

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to decide what phone to get over the past month or two and I'm really interested in picking up a Nexus 4. The only problem is that I don't have a credit card.

I was thinking about picking up a prepaid credit card and loading it up with $500 and picking up a 16gb Nexus 4 off the Google Play store. The only thing stopping me is that I'm not sure if my prepaid card will work, and I heard that you need a Google Wallet account to buy anything off of the Google Play but I don't really know what that is. I assume it's something similar to Paypal but it'd be nice if someone could explain what it's for. Also, do both Google Play and Google Wallet support prepaid credit cards? It'd suck to not be able to buy the Nexus 4 and apps off the Play Store.

Sorry if this seems a little stupid. I'm moving over from BB and iOS where I used Paypal and iTunes cards. Android seems so foreign to me. :p

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Just go to Google Wallet on the Google website and enter your card info. It accepts prepaid cards.