Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fac.book and email.

My phone is a Nexus 4 (just like to say that! ) with latest OS updates.

I use gmail and the gmail icon for email, didn't set up anything other than what the phone defaults to. Does this system support push email?

Secondly, Facebook status's from friends often comes in many hours late. All of a sudden a status updates appears from 11 hours ago, the time changes.
    The Practical BBQ'r !

Default Re: Fac.book and email.

Quote Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
    My phone is a Nexus 4 (just like to say that! ) with latest OS updates.

I use gmail and the gmail icon for email, didn't set up anything other than what the phone defaults to. Does this system support push email?

Secondly, Facebook status's from friends often comes in many hours late. All of a sudden a status updates appears from 11 hours ago, the time changes.
    If by push email, you mean immediate notifications, then yes. Just make sure it is enabled in the gmail setting menu.

It is possible you have the Facebook app refresh interval too high. That is somewhere in the settings too. But, FYI, if you want your contact pics to show on your phone contacts, you need to download Friendcaster, even if you never use it for anything else (though I also use it to share photos from my camera because the Facebook app never actually uploaded them.)

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.