4.2.1 Clock Alarm

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it my imagination, or is there actually no way to choose your alarm sound? In settings as all I see is volume but no sound picker. Please tell me I'm missing something.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest I just checked on my rooted one x with jellybean and I have no option to change the sound! Dang thanks for pointing that out lol.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you actually scroll down the screen? There's a whole lot of options when it comes to alarm settings in JB!
I am pretty sure there used to be in 4.1.1. I don't know if it was in the main settings or the clock settings, but either way, the option is gone. No clue what the alarm will sound like and I imagine it won't wake me up - which is the purpose of the alarm, or should be.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I checked on mine and there is a way, but I'm on a custom 4.2.2 ROM so I dont know which featrue(s) are stock and which were added by AOKP. I seem to remember changing it on my stock 4.2.2 when I was on it though.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you see Volume, you're in the wrong place :)

Open a specific alarm by clicking on the time, then you'll have 3 choices - Repeat and Vibrate check boxes, and the sound file that you can change.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Found it! You're a genius thanks lol.
Ditto! This went from being frustrating to kinda cool that you can set different sounds for different alarms at will.

nessposs

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
yeah,good info,Found it! You're a genius thanks for your sharing
22.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn