HTC Desire X - Problems after Jelly Bean update

EMark1

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Since I made the update of my HTC Desire X, 4 days ago,continuously watching different bugs. Update to 4.1.1 and Sense 4+. Software number 2.20.401.5
1. Phone itself change the volume, reduces it almost to the end. For 2 days it happens 5 times, this morning I missed a call because of this fact. Last night ringing level was normal, but in the morning had reduced itself.

2. The ring volume is very disappointing, before update, when beats audio was working without headphones, the phone sounded strong and great.

3.iGo Navigation that I use could be heard quite loudly before, after update, even with 100% increased volume key, barely hear it in a moving vehicle.

4. In the calendar whatever note I try to memorize (it appears a message which informed that the note is saved!!) disappeared straight away! And now, like I'm without calendar, no meetings can be scheduled.

I am totally disappointed!

And one more thing - the phone seems to work a bit more slowly than before. I don't have a lot of hooked applications, and there always have over 100 MB free RAM.

velimirius

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, i got same problem with volume, also sometimes when i enter the menu with apps i can only see one large icon over whole screen (its ugly) and letters become sometimes just white blocks...

Everything was perfectly well till the last update...

Bilht

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing all kinds of bugs after the upgrade:

1. the phone vibrates when receiving SMS and there is no way to turn it off

2. 'Small' font size for SMS is too big - it's what 'Medium' used to be

3. when I reply to an SMS the thread is not updated with my message - I need to exit the thread then enter again to see it

4. new SMS are not displayed if I am viewing the thread - same as (3)

5. when I go to SMS sometimes the sender name is displayed as their phone number for a second

Using the phone feels a little smoother and faster, but these bugs are annoying.

P.S. Beats Audio has never worked without headphones. It's not designed to.

sonia_ppr

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm experiencing the same problems with the same update, annoying little details and phone working slower.
I was told that they might do it on purpose to make us want to buy a new phone...

What did you guys do, did you find any solution?
How can I revert to the android / htc sence version from before the update?
If I can't find a solution, I will try to install a normal android, not the htc one, which is a pity...

Sonia

Givers

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problems as described above after the update to Jelly Bean on my Desire X
  • Text message did not appear when sending, only when going back to inbox
  • Sometimes only phone numbers shown in the text message inbox
  • Most important: big battery drain compared to before the update
  • OS became slower: sometimes needed to wait 1-2sec when pushing home button (with 'waiting circle')

SOLUTION:
I solved it by doing a factory reset (via the settings). Now I'm very happy with the Jelly Bean update!!
Hopefully it also helps for others.... good luck!

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
1. you need to connect your phone to pc and allow it to update further - you could notice that a new HTC SYNC Manager gets downloaded
also there were close to 10 drivers got installed in pc . - Note - you should have the internet connected to pc.
2. back up all your data and press factory reset .

you could feed the difference ... your problems would be resolved .

phone looks good ... ;)

the new HTC sync is awesome ......;)

sukhadiya

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Dwnld SMART TOOL BOX andu can take back up your all the application and games in your MAMERY CARD.. It's very simple to back up.. and Install your App. from SD CARD...
You can take back up throw out Go SMART TOOL BOX, - go UNINSTTALL APP., -- SELECT ALL. AND THEN SELECT BACK UP......

Rich Tanenbaum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
same constellation of problems here with my pantech flex. when it upgraded I said, "whoopee". Now that's is hanging constantly so that I have to pull the battery out, I'm saying, "Oh, s..t". What to do??

Ahsan Bham

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Loads of thanks for the tip!! Was wondering how to resolve all these issues.. will definitely get a factory reset done soon.. and hopefully it will work!!

The HTC Desire X experience has been really great and hopefully it will continue.. :) ;)

Creme224

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my htc desire X about 5 minutes ago and the keyboard has totally disappeared even when I go on text messages, internet or just use the search bar for the phone.
I would never have updated if I knew all this before what a shame.
Is there anyway you can undo the update? Or at least get my keyboard back?

Narayan Dwivedi

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
it was ok when i purchased desire x.. but after jelly bean update when i connect my phone to pc it automatically connects in usb debugging mode...
:mad:how do i change the settings so that my desire x do not connects automatically with pc in usb debugging mode...

Tejas Reddy S

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Including all the above problems with SMS and audio i'm facing another problem, before updating i could play 720p vedios directly on my phone without converting...but now i need to convert them to play on mobile:(