system upgrade was a downgrade

hidunc

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Transferring files to and from my Mac and HTC One used to be a doddle. Since 'upgrading' to Jellybean it is a nightmare. For months now I've been trying to find a reliable way. Android File Transfer is the best, but rarely works and so is unreliable. HTC Sync is very restrictive; it can be used for pics, but the thumbnailview is so poor you can't really tell what you're uploading until you realise you have the wrong one/s and is very slow and often won't start, plus can't be used on older operating systems. Airdroid is just weird. Keeps refusing to recognise, plus it only shows a small selection of the photos you may want access to, and just plain doesn't seem to want to know for other files.
I do need to be able to continually swap files as part of my job, and for months this has been on hold while Google, Android, HTC or whoever is responsible don't seem to be doing a thing to fix it. I wouldn't have signed up for a 2 year contract on an Android phone if there had been any warning that this would happen.
Is there any sign of a fix on the way? So many people have had similar complaints I'm amazed we're still waiting - or am I missing something? Just why is AFT so flakey? Is there a patch? It has the makings of a sensible app, if only it would learn how to connect!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Try Wi-Fi File Transfer. Works flawlessly on many versions of Android, on many different devices.

Also, the general solution for issues after an upgrade is a factory reset. Sometimes data that is saved during an upgrade can cause problems.