Help - Phone Stuck in "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue"

Dave Felix

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys whats up?

My phone is stuck and I cannot get it back to stock. I rooted first and then loaded an AOKP rom. I was just testing it out and when trying to return to stock, it fails. I can enter download mode but cant get into recovery mode.

I have Odin 1.85 and i have tried about three stock ROMs already. Im all out of ideas and very frustrated. I have AT&t, let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance. :(

Last edited:

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A good start would be to find out WHAT phone you have, as the process is different with each and every one. Second would be to post your question in your specific phones subforum here. The folks in those areas know your phone inside and out (and sometimes I feel better than the manufacturer does!) and will be able to direct you to the correct files and programs, as well as the proper procedure that will work with your phone to restore it back to stock. Good Luck!

Dave Felix

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I honestly did not realize I didnt mention my phone. I thought I mentioned it by AT&T.. I have the Note 2. I was running 4.1.2 previously.

My apologies.

A good start would be to find out WHAT phone you have, as the process is different with each and every one. Second would be to post your question in your specific phones subforum here. The folks in those areas know your phone inside and out (and sometimes I feel better than the manufacturer does!) and will be able to direct you to the correct files and programs, as well as the proper procedure that will work with your phone to restore it back to stock. Good Luck!