Lock screen - Nexus 4

NicUK

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I've just had my work email set up on my Nexus 4 and this has disabled my lock screen widgets, I'm fine with this but it's also done something weird that I wondered if anyone else had encountered or knew how to fix.

Basically when I lock the phone I can see the date and time as normal (stock clock) then if unlock it and relock it I can then see the date and time but the font has changed and the text has moved from the centre to the right hand side of the screen, it then alternates between the centre and right, changing each time I lock it.

I wondered if someone knew how I could fix this, I don't mind it being either one but it's annoying that it keeps moving, I just want it to make it's mind up, centre or right.

Thanks,

Nic

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
That's odd.
Have you tried deleting all your Lockscreen pages & relocking it? It should then automatically regenerate that default Lockscreen page then see if it works properly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

NicUK

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, strange isn't it.

I've not got any lockscreen, the only one I can see is the clock, I've tried deleting that, it goes, re-generates like you say, but it just does the same thing.

I've no idea how to resolve this.

Thanks for your help though.

Nic

NicUK

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to have to leave with the clock moving around. Oh well.

If anyone has the same issue or knows how to fix it then please let me know.

Thanks,

Nic

Posted via Android Central App

SMILEyC

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but want to thank you so much for this post/question. And let you know you're not the only one experiencing this... I was just searching for why I cannot access lock screen widgets and you've let me know why. I added work email after they did an upgrade of the Exchange server this month, which required more permissions on my phone in order to receive email. (They said not to worry, but I didn't realize I'd lose any functionality.) This is a replacement Nexus rec'd in June and this is my first time trying to add a lock widget to the new phone so I almost thought it was defective too, especially with the crazy changing of where the time shows up. lol So, thanks very much for solving two mysteries for me. My solution will be to remove the work email. :)

May I ask... Does your phone also randomly turn off and have a hard time turning back on? The new one had started doing this, & today when it happened the wallpaper reverted to the factory setting. Just wondering if (hoping) this too could be related. ~C-:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome