Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Google Now keeps saying my location service is off

Everybody listen. I broke down finally and did a factory reset. It worked. You will not lose anything if you do an HTC Backup and Reset which is in your settings. All my photos and videos were saved and loaded back exactly the same once I entered my Google account. All my contacts were saved automatically to my Google account also. Also sent them to my SD card just in case. Reset!

No need to do a factory reset. Just go to the link provided above. Google put out a fix for this. I updated my Google play and all my location issues were resolved.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I got sick of waiting for my Play Store to update on my One X so I downloaded the above mentioned .apk, installed and restarted. Everything is working again, hopefully now my battery will last more than half a day as Google Maps was sucking up more than 50% of the battery power whilst the location service wasn't working..

Google did just put out a software update. Just go to settings scroll to bottom where it says About, press it, then press update.

Quote Originally Posted by Earnest Edwards View Post
    Google did just put out a software update. Just go to settings scroll to bottom where it says About, press it, then press update.
    Did this. Still on old version with no option to update.

sent from my EvoLte using Tapatalk 2

You can download the update manually. Click the link above and look through the comments. That's what I did to update. Worked fine.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I didn't have to download anything. The thing that fixed it for me was to turn off fast reboot then restart the phone and it all worked properly after that. I turned fast reboot back on now and it's still good. HTC One with Rogers Canada got mine 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Potros View Post
    I didn't have to download anything. The thing that fixed it for me was to turn off fast reboot then restart the phone and it all worked properly after that. I turned fast reboot back on now and it's still good. HTC One with Rogers Canada got mine 3 weeks ago.
    I finally got the Google Play update, but factory reset was the only thing that worked for me. I would recommend you keep fast boot turned off as using that is never a good idea as it doesn't clear everything out. Simulated battery pulls work wonders.

sent from my EvoLte using Tapatalk 2

Same thing happened to me on my HTC One, but not on my Nexus 7.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Updating play store did nothing.

android 4.2.2

galaxy nexus.

my gps lock takes forever, when it used to take a couple of seconds. i have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, and all the rest, including full wipes. Nothing fixes this issue.

Had the same problem on my international HTC one s since a couple of days. Probably since an update of the play store app. Although I had the latest version of the play store, rebooting didn't help. Until I unchecked the fast boot option and rebooted again. Location services seem to work as before.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Where is the fastboot option, to uncheck?

You can enable or disable the fast boot option in settings - energy, last option.

Posted via Android Central App

Hey what would happen if i rest my phone when it doesnt have service,willit mess up ur phone

Thanks to Eddie Potros. It is confirmed that disabling the fast boot and restarting the phone resolved this location service issue.

Both my devices, HTC Butterfly (aka HTC DNA) and Samsung Galaxy Note 2, which were previously having the location service issue (i.e. All android applications which are depending on Google's location service were not able to detect the current location) were resolved without needing to perform factory reset or software updates. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue. They are:

1. Disable "Fast Boot" option - Go to Settings ==> Power ==> Fast Boot (uncheck to disable)
    2. Power off and on the device
    3. You are good to go (check to ensure that the issue is resolved)
    4. Enable "Fast Boot" again if you wish.

Toggling FastBoot and power cycling did not help me. I've tried virtually everything and still have the issue on my DNA. I have Google Play 4.1.10, I have rebooted, power cycled, checked and unchecked all the location options, etc.

Have been suffering for about two months like this and Google isn't responding to the thread anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by aweber1nj View Post
    Toggling FastBoot and power cycling did not help me. I've tried virtually everything and still have the issue on my DNA. I have Google Play 4.1.10, I have rebooted, power cycled, checked and unchecked all the location options, etc.

Have been suffering for about two months like this and Google isn't responding to the thread anymore.
    Sounds like you did everything but factory reset. That was what worked for me.

Sent from my EVO View using Tapatalk2

Just got a brand new Motorola Droid MAXX after switching from an iPhone, and the navigation won't work even though I have location access on. Sounds like this has been a problem in the past and I still have it. Tried a Factory Reset and that didn't work. Can I have my iPhone back?

Quote Originally Posted by skibum55 View Post
    Just got a brand new Motorola Droid MAXX after switching from an iPhone, and the navigation won't work even though I have location access on. Sounds like this has been a problem in the past and I still have it. Tried a Factory Reset and that didn't work. Can I have my iPhone back?

What do you mean by 'navigation won't work'? What specifically happens when, and what have you done to try to fix it?

Found a Fix!

Settings > Accounts > Google > Location Settings > "Let Google apps access your location (switch to "on")

Fixed. Finally. Sheesh....
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234