Wireless Transfer Problems

Chanlion

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for bugging everyone but if anyone could help, it'd be great. If this was just just 1 problem, I would have ignored it.
Basically, I'm trying to transfer a small photo between on Z10, 10.1 and Nexus 4, 4.2.2. (To upload on Insta, since I'm too lazy to sideload, but that's not important)
I'm trying to transfer between the devices with NFC between the devices but on my Nexus, it always reads Beam did not complete or on my BB, transfer failed. I did I little researching, I think the WiFi and NFC or was it Bluetooth chip are one so I turned off WiFi, turned off Android Beam and a combination of those. It still doesn't work. I can't turn on my Bluetooth for some reason, (Nexus) it just won't let me, with or without wifi on. I also uploaded it to my Dropbox and went through the browser to download it but my Chrome always says download failed. Is there another way to transfer between devices? My N4's just 3 days old, and I haven't done anything to it except install 2 apps and update the OS.

Thanks again, it's not that big of a problem but it is a little annoying.
EDIT: I turned off GPS and location services off too.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for bugging everyone but if anyone could help, it'd be great. If this was just just 1 problem, I would have ignored it.
Basically, I'm trying to transfer a small photo between on Z10, 10.1 and Nexus 4, 4.2.2. (To upload on Insta, since I'm too lazy to sideload, but that's not important)
I'm trying to transfer between the devices with NFC between the devices but on my Nexus, it always reads Beam did not complete or on my BB, transfer failed. I did I little researching, I think the WiFi and NFC or was it Bluetooth chip are one so I turned off WiFi, turned off Android Beam and a combination of those. It still doesn't work. I can't turn on my Bluetooth for some reason, (Nexus) it just won't let me, with or without wifi on. I also uploaded it to my Dropbox and went through the browser to download it but my Chrome always says download failed. Is there another way to transfer between devices? My N4's just 3 days old, and I haven't done anything to it except install 2 apps and update the OS.

Thanks again, it's not that big of a problem but it is a little annoying.
EDIT: I turned off GPS and location services off too.

Excluding the BlackBerry Z10, the two android devices with NFC are built completely different software-wise. On the 10.1 (Galaxy Tab, I suppose), you need to have S Beam turned off to use Android Beam instead. On the Nexus 4, turning off Android Beam will not help because unlike the 10.1, it doesn't have another method of transferring media via NFC.

Also, have you tried using WiFi Direct on both android devices? It pretty much uses the same method S Beam uses to transfer data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance