Help!! Upgraded to 4.1.2 on Galaxy S II - now have keyboard lock with constant talk - can NOT log in

kotara

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I upgraded to 4.1.2 then tried to stop the annoying voice turning pages . . .Started following some instructions from a thread to deactivate the voice and now my keyboard is locked - when I press a key I get the annoying talkback describing the button I pressed, but the button isn't activated.

Removed battery, tried to reboot - now I cant enter my password - completely stuck.

Its my work phone, please help!!

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So I upgraded to 4.1.2 then tried to stop the annoying voice turning pages . . .Started following some instructions from a thread to deactivate the voice and now my keyboard is locked - when I press a key I get the annoying talkback describing the button I pressed, but the button isn't activated.

Removed battery, tried to reboot - now I cant enter my password - completely stuck.

Try hard-resetting the phone, since you've flashed an OS update. Otherwise, you may have to rollback to an older OS version and update from there.

BTW, you might want to move this thread to one of the Samsung Galaxy SII categories, depending on the carrier-specific model you're currently using. (Unless of course you're using the international version)

kotara

May 16, 2013
Visit site
thanks, it is the GT international version of the Galaxy IIS that I'm using.

I have tried hard-resetting the phone by pressing volume, start and home together from restart, but it does not reset, it still re-opens 4.1.2

Is there another way to hard reset and go back to an earlier OS?

thanks

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks, it is the GT international version of the Galaxy IIS that I'm using.

I have tried hard-resetting the phone by pressing volume, start and home together from restart, but it does not reset, it still re-opens 4.1.2

Is there another way to hard reset and go back to an earlier OS?

thanks

You'll need root for that. Once you attain root, you'll either need odin on your PC to flash a .tar with an earlier version of android for your device, or you can use CWM and flash .zip files instead.

To put it simply, there's no other way to do that without root.

Posted via Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Can you link the thread you used so we can try and see what may have happened?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781