unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped (S4)

besharpone

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been experiencing the same problem with the S3, Note 2, Note 3, and now the Note 4! To answer your question, no...it saying whatever launcher you are using has stopped, not Touchwiz. It happens every time after I have installed several apps, then re-boot the phone. Touchwiz will work fine up to that point. It always happens to me after I have installed several apps, then re-boot the phone. I have tried a process of elimination with the apps, but still have not been able to isolate any particular apps that causes it. I think that it is a random issue. I have also noticed that S-Finder stops working as well, every time, right before Touchwiz stops working, and only at re-boot. Swiching launchers does not fix the problem. The launcher simply stops working as well, once Touchwiz bites the dust!

Mathew McGill

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. The so called fix above does nothing for my S4. In fact, now I have icons disappearing on my pages and I can't do anything about it.

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
This only happens to me when I restart my phone cause it is slowing down. After restart, Touchwiz home has stopped. Only time I get it and don't know what to do.

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
i updated my old S4 to the latest update 5.1.1 thinking it would resolve the issue of touch wiz stopped but it didn't work,neither did clearing cache or stopping touchwiz by force....whenever i drag an icon from apps to desktop it still gives the message of touchwiz has stopped....can anyone help plz???

karthikeyanbss

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
[SOLVED- SAMSUNG GALAXY S4] Many people have been experiencing a major touchwiz home flaw on the s4 and note 3 after the lollipop update, icons/widgets could not be moved and no new icons/widgets could not be placed.

I have been searching for a fix for a long time now and i found this: just disable "motion" under motion and gestures in settings, no restart is required !

Please tell me if this worked.

Angel Radebaugh

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much that did the trick. I have tried everything under the sun, but thanks to you. You saved the day and all it took was turning off motion. Thanks, thanks and more thanks
angel

FullMonteSteve

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Great troubleshooting skills. How the hell did you narrow it down to the "motion" settings?

My wife has a new S4 mini and we started to see this message when the phone was switched on. I turned the motion setting off as suggested (I also switched off the "palm" feature too - just in case) Switched the phone on and off and no more issues. Thank you so much.

wweb273

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank You ! Thank You ! Thank You!!!!! Finally someone with a real solution!
Thanks again for solving this issue!

and once again THANKS for NOTHING Samsung!
if this crap happens one more time with your "updates" I am going back to I-Phone!!!