Just updated...severe sound volume loss

Bonoscot

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys i was in ICS for months there (original S2 firmware),i just updadted firmare to Jellybean 4.1.2.

Now my main problem is the sound,its is shockingly bad compared to ICS,the music player plays audio to a reasonable level at full,however when i was on ICS at full the sound nearly blew my headphones of.

I tried messing about with equalizer but its terrible,doesnt seem to do anything at all,doesnt even save. I have download volume booster/sound booster etc,they are all the same after messing about with presets....they all kinda sound the same and the volume is still lame.

i recently bought a pair of ?200 headphones with portable amp and the sound was terrific on ICS (very loud),my headphones work fine,its deffo the phone....i only really listen to music on this and this is gutting to hear that it is soooooo bad..

Please help....is this a common issue,will it be fixed?

i like jellybean,but with this i really want to go back to ICS

seanjackdan

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I currently have the UK Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-19100) (ICS 4.04), and I am due an upgrade next month (Aug '13).

Like the OP says, the volume for music on my headphones is nice and loud at present, and especially in conjunction using the excellent poweramp app.

However, I recently did a software update on my S2 to "jellybean", and like the OP said the volume has been greatly reduced, and sounds horrible in comparison....I managed to revert back to ICS using ODIN, and my music is fine again now I have reverted back to the ICS software.

My question is this:

Next month i desperately want to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S4, but I am gonna have the same problem again, aren't I, as the S4 will have "jellybean" loaded by default won't it, and the volume will be significantly lower again, won't it?

I read somewhere that samsung have done this with "jellybean" to come in line wirh eu regulations, and hence put a volume limiter in the software - is this correct ?

Please can anyone give me some advice on how I can get the new S4 next month WITHOUT being stuck with this stupid volume restriction ?.... (i don't really want to get a brand new S4 at the start of a 24 month contract, and "root" the phone back to ICS, do I)?

Any thoughts would be kindly appreciated......

Sean !

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I currently have the UK Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-19100) (ICS 4.04), and I am due an upgrade next month (Aug '13).

Like the OP says, the volume for music on my headphones is nice and loud at present, and especially in conjunction using the excellent poweramp app.

However, I recently did a software update on my S2 to "jellybean", and like the OP said the volume has been greatly reduced, and sounds horrible in comparison....I managed to revert back to ICS using ODIN, and my music is fine again now I have reverted back to the ICS software.

My question is this:

Next month i desperately want to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S4, but I am gonna have the same problem again, aren't I, as the S4 will have "jellybean" loaded by default won't it, and the volume will be significantly lower again, won't it?

I read somewhere that samsung have done this with "jellybean" to come in line wirh eu regulations, and hence put a volume limiter in the software - is this correct ?

Please can anyone give me some advice on how I can get the new S4 next month WITHOUT being stuck with this stupid volume restriction ?.... (i don't really want to get a brand new S4 at the start of a 24 month contract, and "root" the phone back to ICS, do I)?

Any thoughts would be kindly appreciated......

Sean !

I had this problem with my Galaxy SII around May when the Jelly Bean update rolled out but a factory reset fixed the issue and sound volumes were the same as they were on ICS. Either way, the sound drivers on Samsung TouchWiz ROMs are complete sh*t compared to the ones in AOSP, let alone other OEM versions of Android.

As for the Galaxy S4, the case would still be the same, only you cannot downgrade to ICS. Your best bet would be to root the phone and use a custom recovery to flash audio mods such as ViPER4Android or AC!D Audio Engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay