1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Galaxy S2 "Battery Disconnected" after update

Hi,

Since updating to Jelly Bean today on my Samsung Galaxy S2, every time I plug in the battery charger, about 7 seconds later it stops charging and an error message pops up reading "Battery Disconnected". Not only can I not charge the phone, but it's down to about 3% battery.

Can anyone help?

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Default Re: Galaxy S2 "Battery Disconnected" after update

Quote Originally Posted by robertwagstaff View Post
    Hi,

Since updating to Jelly Bean today on my Samsung Galaxy S2, every time I plug in the battery charger, about 7 seconds later it stops charging and an error message pops up reading "Battery Disconnected". Not only can I not charge the phone, but it's down to about 3% battery.

Can anyone help?
    Try factory resetting the phone, since you've just recently updated your handset. If that fails, it may be a problem with the charger (USB cable or box), the phone's MicroUSB port or the gold connectors of the battery.

Posted via Android Central App
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by robertwagstaff View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone help?
    Welcome to the forums. I would suggest a clearing of the phones cache in recovery first.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Hi

are you using an external battery charger? cause with that you might actually bend the plastic that devides the batter connector into 4 slots, you know the golden connector on the corner of the batter. make sure that those deviders are not guiding the connectors wrongly.

im using spare batteries that i charge with an external charger and this is what i noticed. so im not sure if its update related issuee

Exclamation Re: Galaxy S2 "Battery Disconnected" after update

I have the same problem. After I updated my SSGSII firmware all seems ok. When I charge it using usb wall charger because battery low at 37%, it charged. But when I plug my usb charger to PC it prompts me "battery disconnected" and it's not charging,. I can't take any risk in selecting any of those options in recovery system without knowing any good results.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by samsung galaxy s2 View Post
    I have the same problem. After I updated my SSGSII firmware all seems ok. When I charge it using usb wall charger because battery low at 37%, it charged. But when I plug my usb charger to PC it prompts me "battery disconnected" and it's not charging,. I can't take any risk in selecting any of those options in recovery system without knowing any good results.
    Your PC's USB ports may not have enough voltage going through to charge the handset.

Posted via Android Central App
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX

Exclamation Re: Galaxy S2 "Battery Disconnected" after update

"Your PC's USB ports may not have enough voltage going through to charge the handset."

I just got a new replacement phone for a faulty on/off switch on my old phone. Computer chearged the old phone fine, but won't charge this new one. It has Jelly Bean on the new one.

This happened to me today for the first time after installing jelly bean. I was able to remove the SIM card and re-insert it to get my galaxy s2 to charge again.

No, do not factory reset your phone. This is a hardware problem, not software.
    This problem is an intermittent connection between the battery and the phone.
    Take the battery out and clean the gold contacts on the battery and phone with Rubbing Alcohol and a Q-tip.
    Be very careful not to get the Damage-Proof sticker wet inside the phone.
    I just had this problem today and this fix alone solved it.

The contacts will get slightly corroded over time, and cleaning it off is the only solution.
    You may want to try the same thing on your SIM card or Memory card if they are giving you problems.