uninstalling androidlost

drjoker88

May 26, 2013
Visit site
installed androidlost on new phone but did not work because it was confused due to it being installed on 2 phones simultaneously with one google account. Therefore, tried to uninstall but the screen in google play store says "uninstalling" forever and it never finishes uninstalling it. Read the FAQ and tried 2 of the three methods and both did not work. The third uninstall method, I'm afraid to try before asking someone knowledgeable. Can I do the following without unrooting my Samsung Galaxy S3?

1. Go to your phone settings under security and remove the admin rights: Menu->settings->location and security->select device administrators->uncheck personal notes

I don't want to unroot my phone because someone else rooted it for me and I wouldn't know how to do it again (too complicated). Thanks! :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You say that your rooted. Have you tried using Titanium Backup to force an uninstall/delete? You can also backup the application before doing so in the event something goes nuts.

Of course I would also make a Nandroid Backup in your custom recovery first so if things go really crazy you can just restore your working backup.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
installed androidlost on new phone but did not work because it was confused due to it being installed on 2 phones simultaneously with one google account. Therefore, tried to uninstall but the screen in google play store says "uninstalling" forever and it never finishes uninstalling it. Read the FAQ and tried 2 of the three methods and both did not work. The third uninstall method, I'm afraid to try before asking someone knowledgeable. Can I do the following without unrooting my Samsung Galaxy S3?

1. Go to your phone settings under security and remove the admin rights: Menu->settings->location and security->select device administrators->uncheck personal notes

I don't want to unroot my phone because someone else rooted it for me and I wouldn't know how to do it again (too complicated). Thanks! :)
If an app has administer rights you can't uninstall without first taking away the admin rights. Follow the instructions, remove administration rights and uninstall.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Chelsea Dekle

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
If an app has administer rights you can't uninstall without first taking away the admin rights. Follow the instructions, remove administration rights and uninstall.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

This method does not work. The screen freezes up before stating that you cannot take away administration rights then the screen closes out. So what to do now? I'm ready to throw some cyber punches at "Personal Notes".

- Angel