Bluetooth delay to "wake-up"

Irony58

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Droid Razr M running Jelly Bean 4.1.2. On the two apps I've tried so far, Google Nav and VoiceNote, there's some sort of delay between when the app starts talking and when the Bluetooth connection to my car stereo "wakes up". For example, when Google Nav starts to tell me a new turn, I miss the first second or two of the announcement. That gets annoying, since that's the part of the directions where Miss Google tells me how far to the next turn. However, if I happen to be playing music through Bluetooth, I get the entire directions. So that's why I call it a wake-up delay. I have no problems pairing and connecting, and staying connected, with the stereo.

This did not happen with my Droid 2 running Gingerbread. So I'm not sure if it's a Jelly Bean problem or a Razr M problem. It's also possible that it's an issue with the stereo that now came up because of some change in OS. Could there have been some kind of power-savings with the new Bluetooth driver where it remains connected, but inactive? I don't suspect the apps, because VoiceNote is basically the same as with my previous phone and was working with this stereo back then.

So anyone else see a similar Bluetooth delay? Any ideas on the cause, or more importantly, a fix?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech