Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

    Hi
    I need some help here....

    I have an Android 4.1.1 running Cyanogen Mod 10-20120803.
    Everything works fine with the exception of one issue as follows.

    My phone is plugged into my PC via USB.
    I choose Settings>Wireless & Networks>More...>Tethering & portable hotspot>check Portable W--Fi hot spot>USB tethering.
    As soon as I choose USB tethering I get this message "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."
    At this point my only option is to click Ok, which just takes me back to Settings.

    Very annoying....

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks

    Marty
  2. #2  
    HNNNNNGHHH's Avatar

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

    Default Re: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrrdaniels View Post
    Hi
    I need some help here....

    I have an Android 4.1.1 running Cyanogen Mod 10-20120803.
    Everything works fine with the exception of one issue as follows.

    My phone is plugged into my PC via USB.
    I choose Settings>Wireless & Networks>More...>Tethering & portable hotspot>check Portable W--Fi hot spot>USB tethering.
    As soon as I choose USB tethering I get this message "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."
    At this point my only option is to click Ok, which just takes me back to Settings.

    Very annoying....

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks

    Marty
    What device are you using that is currently facing the mentioned issue? Also, be aware that if you're using a nightly, M-Snapshot or Release Candidate build of CyanogenMod, there may be a few bugs left to be fixed, which may explain the crash issue when ticking 'USB Tethering'.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

    Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by HNNNNNGHHH View Post
    What device are you using that is currently facing the mentioned issue? Also, be aware that if you're using a nightly, M-Snapshot or Release Candidate build of CyanogenMod, there may be a few bugs left to be fixed, which may explain the crash issue when ticking 'USB Tethering'.
    I am using an Android HTC Desire

    Thanks
  4. #4  
    HNNNNNGHHH's Avatar

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

    Default Re: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrrdaniels View Post
    I am using an Android HTC Desire

    Thanks
    Do you know the model number of your phone and the version of CyanogenMod? (The latter more specifically the state of the ROM)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

    Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by HNNNNNGHHH View Post
    Do you know the model number of your phone and the version of CyanogenMod? (The latter more specifically the state of the ROM)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Hi again - this is a list of all my phone settings - hope it helps!

    Model - HTC Desire
    Android version - 4.1.1
    Baseband Version - 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27
    Kernel version - 2.6.38.8-evervolv-turba-jellybeab+drew@master #1 Mon July 30 00.01:44 CDT 2012
    CPU - ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v71)
    CyanogenMod version - 10-20120803
    Build Date - Thu Aug 2 04:37:01 MST 2012
    Build number - ev_bravo-eng 4.1.1 JRO03H eng. .20120802.043612 test keys

    I used CM10Evervolv_V1.zip to put it on my phone....

    Cheers

    Marty
  6. #6  
    HNNNNNGHHH's Avatar

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

    Default Re: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrrdaniels View Post
    Hi again - this is a list of all my phone settings - hope it helps!

    Model - HTC Desire
    Android version - 4.1.1
    Baseband Version - 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27
    Kernel version - 2.6.38.8-evervolv-turba-jellybeab+drew@master #1 Mon July 30 00.01:44 CDT 2012
    CPU - ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v71)
    CyanogenMod version - 10-20120803
    Build Date - Thu Aug 2 04:37:01 MST 2012
    Build number - ev_bravo-eng 4.1.1 JRO03H eng. .20120802.043612 test keys

    I used CM10Evervolv_V1.zip to put it on my phone....

    Cheers

    Marty
    Your device may not fully support this feature yet. This is common for older devices using non-final CM builds: there's bound to be something that's broken and yet to be fixed. If you REALLY need USB tethering, try another ROM with official support for your handset.

    I wish I could help you out a bit more but my oldest working Android phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989, rooted and ROMed of course.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

    Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

    Re-install GAPPS. Use the latest on goo.im for your device.

    I have run into this before

Similar Threads

  1. Unfortunately, YouTube Has Stopped.
    By rew001 in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer Prime
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 06:23 AM
  2. "Unfortunately, Settings Has Stopped"
    By carlcopsey in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 11:51 PM
  3. "Unfortunately, settings has stopped"
    By RenoD2010 in forum LG Optimus G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 06:03 PM
  4. error message"unfortunately,settings has stop.
    By manuel chavez in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 08:25 AM
  5. "Unfortunately, Settings Has Stopped"
    By carlcopsey in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

B