1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ringtone/alarm rant

Let me first start by saying that I love Android, but when it comes to a few details it really pisses me off. Some of the most basic things that could be done with a single tap are so convoluted it's unbelievable.

In the year 2013 there is no simple way to set a sound or a song as a ringtone. If I want a song to listen to, use it as a ringtone and use it as an alarm in stock alarm clock I have to copy that same song in 3 different folders.. what the hell? Talk about wasted space. Ringtone was settable directly from stock Music player in Froyo.. To think of it, I was able to do that in a 8 year old dumbphone.

And no, I refuse to download an app for such a trivial thing.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Ringtone/alarm rant

Quote Originally Posted by imbacen View Post
    Let me first start by saying that I love Android, but when it comes to a few details it really pisses me off. Some of the most basic things that could be done with a single tap are so convoluted it's unbelievable.

In the year 2013 there is no simple way to set a sound or a song as a ringtone. If I want a song to listen to, use it as a ringtone and use it as an alarm in stock alarm clock I have to copy that same song in 3 different folders.. what the hell? Talk about wasted space. Ringtone was settable directly from stock Music player in Froyo.. To think of it, I was able to do that in a 8 year old dumbphone.

And no, I refuse to download an app for such a trivial thing.
    Welcome to Android Central imbacen. Thank you for commenting. What device do you have. I have the Note 2 and from the stock player I just press and hold the song selection I want, then select "set as" and it gives me the option to set it as anyone of the options you listed above.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Default Re: Ringtone/alarm rant

Thats how i feel