Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By patruns
  • 1 Post By patruns
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Reverb slow after 4.1.2 update?

I have a samsung galaxy reverb it was really fast,smooth,great phone i have it for 5 months now ..and i just received the update to 4.1.2 ...and now my phone its so slow,laggy ,i have problems to open apps and its taking too long to open a simple application and freezing a lottttt !!! Its badddd !!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: phone slow after 4.1.2 update !!

Quote Originally Posted by PavanEmotionUI View Post
    Hi, i think you have installed a lot of applications on your phone or else you might have installed a beta version of something, just check and let me know. Thank You
    He says he received the update, which I take to mean from his carrier. What makes you think it would be a beta version? And why would you say he has a lot of apps installed? The only change mentioned is the update.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    garublador likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Romi Carrijo View Post
    I have a samsung galaxy reverb it was really fast,smooth,great phone i have it for 5 months now ..and i just received the update to 4.1.2 ...and now my phone its so slow,laggy ,i have problems to open apps and its taking too long to open a simple application and freezing a lottttt !!! Its badddd !!

You might want to consider a factory reset after backing up any photos and important files. Some times an update leaves little bits and pieces or settings from a prior version that may cause the issues that you described.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    garublador likes this.

My Samsung S3 did the exact same thing after the update. I do not have very many apps at all, and I've added nothing since the update. My phone was molasses slow immediately following the update. Just getting the keyboard to pop up is a lesson in patience. I want to throw the dumb thing. I used to love my phone, now I grab my husbands if it's close by, because he didn't do the update. I wish I hadn't.

Angry Re: phone slow after 4.1.2 update !!

I have an S3, received the same 4.1.2 update from AT&T, and as mentioned above, its super slow. The most frustrating thing is waiting for the stupid keyboard to pop up. It has a 5-6 second lag to even bring a keyboard up to type. It was super speedy, even in power save mode which slows the CPU down. I have the Power save turned off, yet its still slow. Rebooted, uninstalled various apps, etc. Aside from a factory reset, I am not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

Do you guys have a lot of photos or music on your slow phones? The problem may be Index Service of lots of files. My Note 3 slowed down from 6000 pics being put on board but speed up again in a few hours. Restarting the phone made indexing start all over again. Also take out external SD chip and see if that helps. If you can "unmount" the SD chip in settings first. That might fix it. I have tried these things and they help.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Reverb slow after 4.1.2 update?

I have the same issue. Got a sIII reverb in December 2012 from ATT. Phone was amazing until last week ATT pushed 4.1.2. Now it's super slow. All the similar symptoms others around the net have. Windows opening / closing slow, things tile themselves (not multi window). CLosing an app that was using the keybaord leaves the keyboard up for a 3-6 seconds. Typing is laggy. I've not installed any new apps since the updates. I reverted from using Apex Launcher Pro back to stock OS and it had no effect. All my photos are kept on drop box. I only have 15 or 20 pics on my phone, and I don't have any videos. I'm not a power user at all, I go the phone just because of the good price ($29 w/2yr). I have running Gmail app, Whatsaap, Dropbox, Smart Wifi toggler , Mint, and Gsam battery monitor.

I'm going to try more process of elimination, and then ultimatly a factory reset I guess .

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Reverb slow after 4.1.2 update?

Just noob question. .
    How can I insure I do not "automatically" update to 4.3?